PDA

View Full Version : Checking Out my Meca Alpha-1 Board..

Marty
June 28th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Hi All;

I am using a Breadboard to check out the Ic's from my Alpha-1 Board for the Write and most of the Read Sections..

I am building it an IC at a time and for now, I am skipping the Op Amps and such sections and attaching the Read after the Write circuitry.. And I will use a 555 for input and then later in the Playback circuitry I will try and fine Tune the 4046 PLL to get proper output..

I have already found an IC the was not right (Bad), a 4024, I tried two of them from my stock besides the origional one in the circuit and their output was about a Quarter of the Frequency that it was supposed to be and the next two Ic's that I checked were both dead, and the sixth one worked fine..

So, I know that I will need to check All of the Ic's for that Board, in the Breadboard, as well as the Ic's from the Daughter board that mounts on the bottom of the Triple I Phi-decks..

Hope fully after I have wired up the Write and Read sections, I will understand ""HOW"" it works, as far as what goes on the Tape..

If Anyone knows about these Cassette systems, I sure could use some Help and Advice..

THANK YOU Marty

Marty
June 28th, 2017, 04:57 PM
Hi All;

I have a Question,

On a 4013 or any 'D' Flip-flop, If I put a clock on the clock pin and put a 'High' on the 'D' pin, what do I get from the 'Q' pin ??

I would expect something like what is on the Clock pin or half it's rate.. But, I get a 'High' ..

Is that Correct ?? I have tried a couple of what I have and they all do the same thing, I guess I could make a "D" flip-flop from Individual gates and with all kinds of Leds, just to see, what is correct..

THANK YOU Marty

8008guy
June 28th, 2017, 06:20 PM
The Q follows the D.

A JK will divide.