PDA

View Full Version : Imsai-8080

o-crap7
July 5th, 2017, 01:57 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had an old IMSAI-8080 computer that I could buy. I'm making a computer museum and I need an IMSAI-8080 if anyone has one please PM me. Thanks

simplex
July 8th, 2017, 03:21 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had an old IMSAI-8080 computer that I could buy. I'm making a computer museum and I need an IMSAI-8080 if anyone has one please PM me. Thanks

I have 3 of them. I am selling them for $20 each. Unfortunately I can only sell them to someone who always posts in the correct section of a forum.

Sorry, good luck with your "museum" :(

mnbvcxz
July 9th, 2017, 04:05 PM
More people are likely to see his post here than if it were in the "correct section".

Marty
July 9th, 2017, 06:58 PM
Hi All;

I Don't Understand about all of the People Complaining that His looking for an Imsai is in the Wrong Section..

"" I have 3 of them. I am selling them for $20 each. Unfortunately I can only sell them to someone who always posts in the correct section of a forum. ""

The Imsai is an S-100 machine, and so as far as I can see it IS in the Correct Section..

That is Unless You Complainers Don't know that it is an S-100 machine..

THANK YOU Marty

simplex
July 10th, 2017, 02:13 PM
More people are likely to see his post here than if it were in the "correct section".

And? Why is it of any interest to most of us if someone is looking for one? We can take it as read that people are looking for an Imsai. They are pretty rare machines nowadays - there are lots of folk wanting one. Most are polite enough not to spam the main forum as such. They have a "wanted" section so we don't have to sift through such irrelevant posts.

It's in the rules as well: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?40480-Reminder-General-rules-for-the-forum

" Try to make an honest effort to post in the correct area of the forum. Do not make duplicate threads to get more exposure. "

And:

"The 30 second rule: If it took you less than 30 seconds to compose a post, it was probably not worth posting. Nobody wants to crawl through a lot of noisy posts to get to the good ones."

One thing I like about this forum is that most users generally follow the rules and it makes it a more readable and useful place to visit. If everyone who wanted X system posted it in the main sections of each system, each forum would be an unreadable mess, nothing more than a Craigslist.

"Wanted: Apple I, Wanted: Apple Lisa, Wanted: Altair 8800, Wanted: Unicorn Poop"

That's why they have the wanted section. Because for the vast majority of us, it's of little to no interest that someone is looking to buy X system.

Even the thread title is vague - Imsai-8080. If it said "wanted" I would have known to ignore it. Even better if it was in the correction section - ya dig?

Hi All;

I Don't Understand about all of the People Complaining that His looking for an Imsai is in the Wrong Section..

See above.

The Imsai is an S-100 machine, and so as far as I can see it IS in the Correct Section..

That is Unless You Complainers Don't know that it is an S-100 machine..

See above.

There was only one complainer - me. And I know full well it is an S-100 system. Hence I clicked on a forum post expecting to see something interesting about an S-100 system and instead found a want ad.

It's ironic that I posted a jokey response and received even sillier (yet serious) replies.

This is not a question of "how can we maximise someone's chance of getting an Imsai", or "Is the Imsai an S-100 system?", it's a question of etiquette.

Corey986
July 11th, 2017, 02:06 AM
I have 3 of them. I am selling them for $20 each. Unfortunately I can only sell them to someone who always posts in the correct section of a forum.

Sorry, good luck with your "museum" :(

Well I laughed at your response post, but then again I'm from NY originally and that's how we all talk... BTW: would you take $19.50 for one?

KC9UDX
July 11th, 2017, 02:24 AM
Well I laughed at your response post, but then again I'm from NY originally and that's how we all talk... BTW: would you take $19.50 for one?

See now if you were from Mwaukee, hay, you'd only offer $4.99. I mean, you need to save some dough to buy lunch from George Webb these days.

8008guy
July 11th, 2017, 04:31 AM
See now if you were from Mwaukee, hay, you'd only offer $4.99. I mean, you need to save some dough to buy lunch from George Webb these days.

A buck two eighty nine, and that's my final offer.

Moonferret
July 11th, 2017, 05:22 AM
A buck two eighty nine, and that's my final offer.

I'll throw in my bid of 1.62 and a Sinclair ZX81.

8008guy
July 11th, 2017, 07:37 PM
I'll throw in my bid of 1.62 and a Sinclair ZX81.

Now you are going the wrong direction...