PDA

View Full Version : Trs-80 4p

chuckcmagee
January 10th, 2007, 05:48 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190071085879&rd=1&rd=1

I don't even have room to collect these babies and still drooling. I bet it sells for over $300.00. (Well, it will if the guy selling it let's us know if it works or not.)

Terry Yager
January 10th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Aww, c'mon...they don't take up that much room. I've kept mine, even after the recent downsizing...

--T

chuckcmagee
January 16th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Guess I'll have to retract that $300 price prediction! There are about 6 4Ps listed on ebay now!! One seller even selling them 2 at a time.

kb2syd
January 16th, 2007, 05:06 AM
Yeah, I don't know why someone would bid $99. I have 3 and the most I paid was around $25 plus shipping.

chuckcmagee
January 18th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Sold! to the man with the BIG wallet for $205.50.

kb2syd
January 18th, 2007, 05:04 AM
Don't get it at all. I have a "new" one, identical to the one in the picture. With the trsdos, c, and fortran manuals I paid about 1/4 of that including shipping. I see a floppy drive for the CoCo went for almost $60 too. I have 3 of these that I got for almost nothing. I really don't understand the way the auctions are running right now. This is getting to be a rich person's hobby.

Kelly

DoctorPepper
January 18th, 2007, 05:06 AM
Very nice condition! Someone got a heck of a nice system!

I have many, many happy memories of me using my original Model 4P. I've got two of them now, in pretty good condition (both working too), but it still doesn't have the same thrill now that using one had back in the 80's.

DoctorPepper
January 18th, 2007, 05:10 AM
Don't get it at all. I have a "new" one, identical to the one in the picture. With the trsdos, c, and fortran manuals I paid about 1/4 of that including shipping. I see a floppy drive for the CoCo went for almost $60 too. I have 3 of these that I got for almost nothing. I really don't understand the way the auctions are running right now. This is getting to be a rich person's hobby.

Kelly

I agree. I pretty much stopped buying computers off of eBay. Not that I can't afford them, but because I see where I could be putting that money instead. I'm not adverse to picking up a "vintage" micro-computer at a flea market, garage sale, thrift store or an estate sale, but for now, eBay is off my list.