PDA

View Full Version : Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

chuckcmagee
January 13th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Geez, 20 degrees out there (Southern Nevada) and it not even 10 p.m. yet. I just looked at the forecast and going to be cold cold cold all next week. I am almost as spoiled as people in Southern Florida and this 19 degrees with a 15 mph north wind is no fun. I have my water pipes wrapped but when it gets to around 24, the wrapping doesn't work very well. I have my water running just so I will have water tomorrow morning. If it freezes, I could be "S.O.L." for days.

GraceUGrad2006
January 13th, 2007, 08:53 PM
our high today in council bluffs Iowa was 15. we has snow today and more tomorrow

UncleBinary
January 14th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Im in Michigan and its decent.40-50's and 10mph wind but then again I am comfortable walking in snow in a swim suit.

Edlin
January 14th, 2007, 10:39 AM
I'm in Narnia, sounds like a combat zone, all you can hear are trees cracking and falling, our electricity went out once but came back on, I am in shock. I hope it stays on but does not look promising because ice rain is falling again. I was raised in Colorado but there is no comparison to Oklahoma ice.:rain:

chuckcmagee
January 14th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Yep, I saw that on satellite where the nice warm moist air was running into the 10 degree air from around here. Not sure what an ice storm would do to the desert bushes around here. Likely not much of anything. Would mess up my slightly leaking metal shed more.

Edlin
January 16th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Shortly after my last post, the electricity did go off, I'd never seen an ice storm like that. So glad to be back... I really missed alot

apple2fan
January 17th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Over here in Dallas there's 2 inches of snow outside!

Terry Yager
January 17th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Just saw on The Weather Channel, it's warmer in Anchorage, AK than Dallas, TX today.

--T

GraceUGrad2006
January 17th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Yesterday it was so cold 14 below zero that the school buses would not start because the fuel in the line gelled. It affected my city of council bluffs and five cities in nebraska. Poor little kids were standing out on bus stops waiting for buses that were almost an hour late. My son rides the bus to school but we heard the report in time that we were able to get him to school.I was suprised that they did not cancel school because it did not get above 0 until afternoon.

carlsson
January 17th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Sheesh. -14 F = -25 C? *shivers at the thought*

ribbets
January 18th, 2007, 04:08 AM
We finally got about 8" of the powder and the temp has been about -10
Suppose to warm up around here today with a major snow/sleet storm starting tonight... I did hear that one of the Hydro Seeders that we sell froze inside the slurry pump out in Arizona. Can't picture a hard freeze out there.

DoctorPepper
January 18th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Nice! Well we're still hovering in the high 50's for lows, to the mid to high 70's for our highs. I guess this might be the year without winter for Florida.

I know a lot of you are thinking bad thoughts about me right now ;-) but if we don't get down into the low 30's a couple of times, the fleas and ants don't die back! It's crazy, but you can see ant hills everywhere you look around here.

Terry Yager
January 18th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Saw in today's paper that The Alamo in San Antonio was closed because it's iced-in. (Pictures too, of icicles growing along the riverwalk).

--T

apple2fan
January 18th, 2007, 03:12 PM
well DP's back! where you been?