PDA

View Full Version : ATI Mach64 not working on Acer Motherboard

ScanDisk
September 7th, 2017, 03:03 PM
I've made a thread about this before, but I have more information that may be helpful now.

I want to use my ATI Mach64 PCI video card on my Acer Acros, however even when I switch the jumper setting to disable the onboard vga, and plug the monitor's vga cable into the card, I get nothing on screen still.

I talked to my friends at my local repairshop, and they said it could be some sort of compatibility issue, though I doubt it seeing how it's running a Pentium 75, which is right in the middle of the 486 board and the celeron board I had it in and working before.

Just to make sure, I put it back into the celeron board, fired it up, and I get video on screen no problem. I know the card works, that's not the issue.

It just won't work on this one Acer Acros Motherboard.

Does anyone know what else to try or to do from here?

Agent Orange
September 7th, 2017, 06:36 PM
I've made a thread about this before, but I have more information that may be helpful now.

I want to use my ATI Mach64 PCI video card on my Acer Acros, however even when I switch the jumper setting to disable the onboard vga, and plug the monitor's vga cable into the card, I get nothing on screen still.

I talked to my friends at my local repairshop, and they said it could be some sort of compatibility issue, though I doubt it seeing how it's running a Pentium 75, which is right in the middle of the 486 board and the celeron board I had it in and working before.

Just to make sure, I put it back into the celeron board, fired it up, and I get video on screen no problem. I know the card works, that's not the issue.

It just won't work on this one Acer Acros Motherboard.

Does anyone know what else to try or to do from here?

Long shot. You say you switched the on-board VGA jumper out. Is there a BIOS setting also for the VGA? You may have a BIOS compatibility issue.

ScanDisk
September 7th, 2017, 06:54 PM
just checked, there is a video display setting, right now it says VGA/EGA, it won't let me change it right now, will have to see how to do that.

scratch that, just did some rsearch, this video card is 1mb, while the onboard video is 2mb.

Doesn't matter anymore, sticking with the onboard.