PDA

View Full Version : Xerox 820

daustin777
January 14th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Anyone else have a Xerox 820?

I bought two from scrap inventory when I worked for Xerox 20 years ago. They both had a hard disk, and 8" floppy drives. I still have one in storage somewhere. I need to pull it out and see if it still works. I may still have a bunch of 8" floppy disks with software, though I'm not sure if they are still usable.

-David

DoctorPepper
January 16th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Nope, I don't have one, but it does bring back some fond memories. When I was in the Navy, before the micro-computer moved in even there, we had two Xerox 860's. One upstairs in Personnel, and one downstairs in Maintenance Control (I was in the Aviation Navy, worked on F-14 Tomcats at Naval Air Station Oceana, Virginia).

Those things were cool. Very large, but cool. I can still remember using one to work on my training plan.

nige the hippy
February 27th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Anyone else have a Xerox 820?

I bought two from scrap inventory when I worked for Xerox 20 years ago. They both had a hard disk, and 8" floppy drives. I still have one in storage somewhere. I need to pull it out and see if it still works. I may still have a bunch of 8" floppy disks with software, though I'm not sure if they are still usable.

-David

I got one going just before I moved here, however, it's missing keyboard & disk drives, It's now just MISSING!, but on past experience of finding things post random move, it'll be behind the pile of cat food.

Druid6900
February 27th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Really strange that this thread should be re-activated just as I was taking a break from cleaning and aligning the two floppy drives in a Digital RX-180-AB unit which, I understand, used to be a really popular peripheral to plug into the Xerox 820s.

I wonder if a thread will suddenly appear when I start work on the original Estimation Inc. estimating system I queued up for workup next? LOL