PDA

View Full Version : CompaqArmada/deltree C:/

Compaq Armada3500
January 17th, 2007, 03:01 PM
i got no nothin on my laptop which supports only windows 95 and NT and it has only a floppy device to install software how would i get this working and can i or do i have to go out and spend money on this computer or just junk it?

I also gotta non vintage hp nc8230 centrino processor and it needs a power cable where might i look for this aswell??

chuckcmagee
January 17th, 2007, 03:23 PM
I spend money on laptops that I like. If you don't like most the things about the laptop, scrap it. If it does a bunch of things you just love, then it's worth the trouble. I purchased one of those Microsolutions parallel port CD-ROM drives on ebay just because I wanted some way to install software on old old laptops. Drive works perfect. I got Win98 on a 486/75 with no problems at all.

DoctorPepper
January 18th, 2007, 05:02 AM
Another good option is a parallel port Zip drive.

And to think, I had one for several years, then sold it a couple of years ago at a garage sale for my ham club.

Dummy!!!

Compaq Armada3500
January 19th, 2007, 11:30 AM
to tell the truth i bought a parrelel port cdrom 4 years ago and it jus dont wanna boot ill try makin a floppy disk of the cd i got and EXPAND it to my dos command line C:\ i just started expanding yesterday and got 89 files for dos that i didnt have 4 years ago any places i can get a parrelel port plugnplay software id really appreciate it and would i have to call hp to get a replacement power cable for the realeased last year nc8230 centrino processor 40gb 512mbram and it cost me only 50 bucks so i wouldnt mind gettin this bargain working and selling my armada to a relative relatively cheap

Compaq Armada3500
January 20th, 2007, 03:08 PM
k i got win98se on it and its workin perfect now i need a driver for 3com pcmicia card to connect to shaw internet

Micom 2000
January 20th, 2007, 08:17 PM
I spend money on laptops that I like. If you don't like most the things about the laptop, scrap it. If it does a bunch of things you just love, then it's worth the trouble. I purchased one of those Microsolutions parallel port CD-ROM drives on ebay just because I wanted some way to install software on old old laptops. Drive works perfect. I got Win98 on a 486/75 with no problems at all.

Yeah I picked up one of the old Microsolutions PP Backpack CD-ROMs last summer. The model I have also has a built-in sound-card with sound-in/out ports so I can play audio CDs and play around with music apps. Works great.

L