PDA

View Full Version : How to disassemble Tandy 1000 EX

Cheeseninja
October 18th, 2017, 04:42 PM
I found a Tandy 1000EX in an abandoned shed in my back yard. It is really dirty, yellowed, and im sure there is water damage... but I want to get in it to clean the keys out and clean the case and check for damage. I am unable to find a full disassembly of the unit anywhere. (also im am amassed because this in the abandoned shed there was also a working nes and commodore VIC 20, and that shed has had rain and snow going through the roof of it and these things still work! :eek:) If anyone can point me in the right direction about how to fully disassemble it. Thanks

PS: I know how to take the ram cover off just want to get in deeper than that thanks.

T-R-A
October 18th, 2017, 06:04 PM
This may (or may not) help...Tandy 1000EX Technical Reference guide:

ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub/tvdog/tandy1000/documents/extech.zip

But being water-damaged, I wouldn't get my hopes up much....

eeguru
October 18th, 2017, 07:04 PM
To remove the top cover, remove all the screws from the bottom of the unit and one screw in the PLUS expansion card bay next to the power supply. It should be more obvious after that point.

dJOS
October 18th, 2017, 09:44 PM
To remove the top cover, remove all the screws from the bottom of the unit and one screw in the PLUS expansion card bay next to the power supply. It should be more obvious after that point.

There's actually 2 screws in the expansion bay.

gary2000
October 19th, 2017, 05:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJRXMYmie7I