PDA

View Full Version : windows vista first impressions

wasted39
January 27th, 2007, 01:08 PM
So, I got a copy of Vista from the college I attend. Installed on my laptop and my desktop. Seems that the laptop needs more memory. 512 megs is the minimum for Vista. After installation, I had a heck of a time with drivers but after some research on google everything was up and running. On my desktop, Vista seems to run pretty well, with the exception of a few of my programs. The Aero glass interface is a nice change from XP's interface. Although not as nice as Mac OS X. IP over firewire is not there which is, in my opinion a bad move. I am also not happy with the fact that Windows Mail no longer supports MSN or Hotmail accounts(I have dsl with msn premium). I think that alot of people are going to be frustrated as Vista is a complete hog of resources. If I were to recommend hardware to run it, 2 gigs of memory at least, 3 ghz processor, and a high end video card to get all the eyecandy. I have been using it for about a week and my work is not done, so I will let you all know how it goes.

chuckcmagee
January 28th, 2007, 12:17 AM
I wasn't planning on going to Vista anytime soon anyway but I'm a MSN Premium addict also. So, your problems with MSN has made me even more certain that I'm staying with XP for a long time.