PDA

View Full Version : TI 99/4a Video Series

jonecool
March 10th, 2018, 12:41 PM
The TI-99/4a was my first computer, I spent countless hours on it when I was about 14ish. It was this machine that helped me decide what I wanted to do later in life, Software Engineering. Recently, I brought all my TI stuff down from the attic and have been having a great time going through my stuff but also catching up on a lot that I've missed over the years. I've had so much fun, I decided to create a video series on the TI-99/4a, below is the first episode :

https://youtu.be/mFZgnH32Kag

solarpv
March 24th, 2018, 05:06 AM
Great video! the TI was my first computer too when I was 20. I still have it and all the programs I wrote on cassette.

Juror22
March 30th, 2018, 08:33 PM
That is a great video - nice job! I liked the original monitor you were using. When I had my setup, back in the day I didn't have one of those. I have no idea what happened to my original system, but a little over a year ago, someone on CL was giving away a complete TI99/4A system, so I picked it up and have been enjoying playing around with it ever since.

RobertLM78
May 4th, 2018, 01:35 PM
The TI was my first machine, but I didn't really get into it until years after in high school about the mid 90s. I've got a similar setup, though nowadays I have an F18A GPU upgrade, so it's connected to a LCD monitor via the F18A's VGA port. I gave away the old CRT monstrosity after making the upgrade. :)