PDA

View Full Version : MISER with VICE, M.J. LANSING is Mary Jean Winter ???

Keal
February 26th, 2007, 11:43 PM
hi.

unearthered misersrc.lzh

7zip could only see the names of the files MISER.BAS and MISER.CBM inside.

7zip said -lh1- unknown compression method
poedsoft archiver crashed with it
then winrar worked

the miser.bas included, is not the same version as from CURSOR magazine as on my PET4016.

i downloaded VICE.
vice booted as PET using default lowercase instead of uppercase, unlike my PET4016.

vice could not load the file.

what do i do??

also the miser i had was credited Mary Jean Winter, instead of M.J. Lansing????

what do i do? what do i do??

carlsson
February 27th, 2007, 12:08 AM
I suppose miser.bas is a textual Basic listing. You could try to open it in Notepad (perhaps rename to miser.txt) to verify that suspicion. In that case, miser.cbm may be a binary, loadable version of the file. Usually, those files are called miser.prg or perhaps miser.bin but there is no strong convention how to name them. In any case, you may have to configure VICE to use a directory on your PC as a virtual floppy drive. It is possible that VICE is pre-configured to this setting, but you need to know which directory it looks into if you retrieve the directory or try to load files.

And yes, in the Settings menu you can configure which PET model you want to emulate: ROM version, amount of memory, screen size and so on.

As regards to the name of the author, no idea. Perhaps Mary Jean at one point was married and changed her name, and the downloadable file is a later edition signed with her married name?