PDA

View Full Version : Thursday night IRC Atari Chat 8 PM CDT

JellE
May 3rd, 2007, 09:36 AM
Hey everyone!!! We still have the IRC chat night going on each week, on Thursdays, if anyone wants to come in and check it out. Official gathering time is 8:00pm CST/CDT, and you have 3 options for getting in:

- Use your favorite IRC client to connect to irc.newnet.net and join channel #atari.

- Telnet from your 8-bit or other machine to irc.atarichat.net (216.37.55.109) and login as "atari". This will get you into the chat without the need for an actual IRC client.

- Use the Java applet found at http://www.newnet.net (http://www.newnet.net/).

If you can't make it around 8:00 tonight, you can stop in at anytime, somebody is usually awake. We are predominately 8-bit folks... but a lot of us dabble in other stuff too. (Commodore, Amiga, STs, etc, etc, etc) There isn't much we don't talk about. It is a lot of fun....and very informative.

Hope you can come join us....we will be glad to see ya!!!

JellE
May 3rd, 2007, 01:45 PM
UPDATE: Telnet from your 8-bit or other machine to irc.atarichat.net (64.72.135.245) and login as "atari". No password is required...just hit enter. This will get you into the chat without the need for an actual IRC client.

The original post has the wrong IP... please make a note of this, otherwise you will not be able to get in. Thanks... and hope to see you there!

WSmith4
May 8th, 2007, 04:16 AM
This sounds like fun! I love to talk about 8-bit Atari!

JellE
May 10th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Today is Thursday... hope to see you guys there!!

JellE
May 17th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Okay guys... as some of you may already know... Telnet is down. It should be back up in a couple of days. But in the meantime... the java applet is still available... but some people seem to be having problems with it. The best bet is use an IRC client. I did discover a problem. Most of the servers won't let you in unless you use port number 6667. So... if you are having problems connecting to a NewNet server here is my suggestion. Type /server servername:6667 (ie: /server irc.eyearesee.org:6667)

Here is a list of the servers on New Net

irc.tobug.net
irc.Sith-Net.com
irc.rejectauthority.com
irc.redwolfs.net
irc.ircsoulz.org
irc.frog-face.com
irc.eyearesee.org
irc.spasticsystems.co.uk
irc.flatlined.net
irc.indianskickass.info

If anyone has any questions... you can PM or leave a message here... I will get back to ya as soon as I can.

barythrin
May 18th, 2007, 07:21 AM
out of curiosity how many people tend to show up for these scheduled chat sessions?

JellE
May 18th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Last night our highest was 25...last Thursday we had 30 as our high number. We have anywhere from 15 to 20 on average I would say at any given time. We are there all the time... or at least some of us are... and people come and go as it is convenient for them.