PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Grid users!

mbbrutman
November 8th, 2019, 09:54 AM
Hello Grid Systems users!

Enjoy this new area of the forum just for you! Assuming this works out we'll figure out a way to post the original Yahoo! groups messages in a read-only format, or import them into vBulletin. We also still need to work out a solution for the uploaded files.

Some background for everybody else; Yahoo! Groups is shutting down. We are trying out this forum area as a possible replacement for an existing Yahoo! Group dedicated to Grid users.

-Mike

(This area will be password protected for the next week or two to give the existing Yahoo! Groups users time to register and check-in. After that it will be open and available for anybody to use, just like the other forum areas.)

randyzimmer
November 8th, 2019, 10:03 AM
Thanks!

AmigaJules
November 8th, 2019, 10:13 AM
Thanks, Mike!

Looking forward to bringing discussion of these (fairly rare) vintage systems to VCFed. This site's been a great resource for all of my other vintage hardware.

I did grab the entire RuGRiD group (including photos, files, etc) with an archiving script someone posted, so I have that available if needed.

- Julian

flecom
November 8th, 2019, 11:55 AM
I also archived the group and can put it online in a list/archive type setup... was planning on doing this for a couple other groups with a ton of good info, mostly ham radio related stuff though

driph
November 8th, 2019, 09:04 PM
Thanks for providing a new home!

griefdad
November 9th, 2019, 05:17 PM
Just wanted to add a "Thanks, Mike!" to the chorus!

-bri

Klyball
November 12th, 2019, 10:32 AM
This is great.

Thanks alot

Caleb Hansberry
November 18th, 2019, 11:41 AM
Great! I'm not a user of the interesting GRiD systems, but I really appreciate their historical significance and think they're super cool.