PDA

View Full Version : Compaq Concerto Pen drivers for Windows 3.1x

artur.heise
May 11th, 2007, 04:23 AM
I tried to install Windows 95 but unfortunately doesn't load (kernel load error) and the only one version of Microsoft Windows for Pen Computing (for win 3.1) I have found is that for GRiD 2260 and 2050 PadSL version. Seems this one is not working with Concerto and built-in wacom digitizer.

Has anyone got the working version for the compaq?

JohnElliott
May 11th, 2007, 01:43 PM
By a strange coincidence, I read this shortly after the recyclers had taken away a load of old computers from our office -- including a working Concerto :sad:

On the plus side, I do still have the zipped contents of a Concerto hard drive to hand, including its Windows directory. This obviously isn't terribly convenient if you want to go through the normal install procedure, but if it's just a matter of copying the driver in and adding a line to system.ini it might be possible to get something working.

artur.heise
May 11th, 2007, 01:54 PM
On the plus side, I do still have the zipped contents of a Concerto hard drive to hand, including its Windows directory. This obviously isn't terribly convenient if you want to go through the normal install procedure, but if it's just a matter of copying the driver in and adding a line to system.ini it might be possible to get something working.

That will help a lot! How can I get that from you? :)

JohnElliott
May 11th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Private message sent.

pirimac53
April 27th, 2009, 05:23 AM
By a strange coincidence, I read this shortly after the recyclers had taken away a load of old computers from our office -- including a working Concerto :sad:

Hi
I lake to ask you still have the zipped contents of a Concerto hard drive. If yes please help me out and sand a copy to me. alex.merk@bigpond.com
thanks

Terry Yager
April 27th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Hi
I lake to ask you still have the zipped contents of a Concerto hard drive. If yes please help me out and sand a copy to me. alex.merk@bigpond.com
thanks

I know the thread is kinda dead, but I have Win4Pen for both Win31 and 95. I can try and locate 'em for ya (I know where the 95 is, it's in the mo-shine, it's the 3.1 drive I'll have to search for).

--T

JohnElliott
April 27th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Hi
thanks

I would rather not do that. There may well be personal information on there from its original owner.

Unknown_K
April 27th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I have a bunch of Windows for pen computers Win 3.1 drivers that came with my Dauphin systems if that helps.

artur.heise
April 27th, 2009, 12:19 PM
I have a bunch of Windows for pen computers Win 3.1 drivers that came with my Dauphin systems if that helps.

I've managed to run WinPen using files from JohnElliott (again: Big thanks!) but would like to get yours as well. So far mine is working but whenever I try to run calibration it fails.

Can you put them somewhere to download it?

artur.heise
April 27th, 2009, 12:20 PM
I know the thread is kinda dead, but I have Win4Pen for both Win31 and 95. I can try and locate 'em for ya (I know where the 95 is, it's in the mo-shine, it's the 3.1 drive I'll have to search for).

--T

If you could locate that 3.1 ones it would be great (cannot install 95's on my machine as it fails during first run)

Terry Yager
April 27th, 2009, 08:44 PM
If you could locate that 3.1 ones it would be great (cannot install 95's on my machine as it fails during first run)

Shoot me your email in a pm, I found the images.

--T

Unknown_K
April 27th, 2009, 09:50 PM
I've managed to run WinPen using files from JohnElliott (again: Big thanks!) but would like to get yours as well. So far mine is working but whenever I try to run calibration it fails.

Can you put them somewhere to download it?

I think there are 3 1.44MB disks to a set, I can image them and send them via email (well if the disks are still good). PM me with your email, I know google allows 25MB or so per attachment if you have a gmail account.

jyris1
December 22nd, 2010, 02:21 PM
Hi all, I actually have a concerto myself (installed windows 3.11 for workgroups) and I'm having similar problems finding the pen driver. The compaq website only has the windows 95 driver. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Unknown_K
November 3rd, 2011, 08:59 PM
I am not sure what all the files needed are at the monent (don't have the concerto install disks but my system is running with pen drivers installed).