PDA

View Full Version : Vintage computers in Norfolk, Va. for free

EricE
May 18th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Hi, my uncle passed away and he has a lot of old computer's, parts, floppy discs, hard drives, monitors, a modem or two, a Lexmark printer (the newest thing I noticed) and who knows what else. Most of the things are TI, I noticed one of the hard drives was a maxtor (8800?). Most of his computer equipment is very old and there is a station wagon full. These things are going to the trash if no one wants or gets them. My uncles and grandmother's estate needs to be cleared out and these things must go soon! I live in the Harrisonburg, Va. area so I can't give you much more info. I have a bunch of Texas Instruments H.C. command modules here (50-100) that date from 1980 to 83. You can email me or call me at 540-478-3738.
Thanks, Eric

JDT
May 18th, 2007, 07:37 PM
got pictures of stuff?? =) ... i love stuff....

im_an_alien
May 18th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Any chance of sending anything to georgia if I pay for shipping?

And as JDT said, pics would help.

EricE
May 20th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Here are photos of some of the equipment. As far as I can tell all of the units I pulled out are TI-99/4A's. There are a couple monitors that go with these that aren't in the photos. Included are 3 peripheral expansion systems and several external 5.25" drives as well. There are literally thousands of 5.25" floppy games and programs (the photo just scratches the surface) as well as some hardware I'm not familiar with. There's also a ton of programming documentation and I found some of the booklets that go with the cartridges too if anyone has any interest in them. Please post here if you are going to be able to pick up this free equipment by this Thursday (May 23) and I will get you more information.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/jeffensley/Vintage%20Computing/DSCF0028.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/jeffensley/Vintage%20Computing/DSCF0027.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/jeffensley/Vintage%20Computing/DSCF0029.jpg

im_an_alien
May 21st, 2007, 06:12 PM
Will you send a complete computer+monitor+disk drive and some apps/games to georgia if I pay shipping? (and for that matter, any idea how much that would cost?)

EricE
May 22nd, 2007, 05:03 AM
These items are for pickup only. I don't have the time to ship them and they are located 4 hours from my house. My dad is clearing out from my uncle's death and he has no interest in packing and shipping. Thanks, Eric

Ksarul
May 22nd, 2007, 03:30 PM
I'm in the Alexandria area--and I'm interested. Is the lot still available?

DarthKur
May 24th, 2007, 04:09 PM
I'm in North Carolina but I'd make the drive for that stuff for sure. I have a special fondness for TI's. Please send me a message to work out the details.

chilpillwill
June 29th, 2007, 09:14 AM
thats funny, you live in Norfolk in America. I live in Norfolk in England, i thought for a second when i noticed the thread that i might be able to go and get somthing but then i realised...lol

chuckcmagee
June 29th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Here's another one we can close. May 23 has come and gone.

paul.brett
June 29th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Damn, the title of that post had me going there for a bit.

Paul.

Terry Yager
June 29th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Damn! How'd I miss this?!?!?!?

--T