PDA

View Full Version : TRS-80 Model 100 in the Netherlands

carlsson
May 26th, 2007, 05:15 AM
While browsing eBay for interesting objects, I found this TRS-80 Model 100 with matching thermal printer TRP-100. At the time of writing, the bid level is at 3.20 with 30 hours to go.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190114291824

It is not quite in my area of interest, but perhaps it will end at a nice price? Not obscene shipping fees neither, due to posted from the Netherlands rather than UK. Of course, all our North American friends probably can find a dime a dozen of Model 100's, more or less for free?

billdeg
May 26th, 2007, 05:53 AM
For a while I'd see them at flea markets and re-sell shops in my area (Mid Atlantic US). So much so that I never picked one up...too common...until they became more popular and you can't find them randomly anymore. A boxed model 100 is very harder yet. At any given time there is usually one or two on the US Ebay. It'll be a while before they are really rare.

At the 2600 Magazine convention this year (hackers) there was a guy who picked up the Space Shuttle transmissions using a Model 100. Everyone was gathered around him, it was a pretty cool sight.