PDA

View Full Version : Apple /// Power Supply

Erik
May 26th, 2007, 05:12 PM
I need a replacement power supply for my "extra" Apple ///. Once I've got it properly powered it'll be for sale.

Does anyone have such a beast lying around?

Erik
May 31st, 2007, 05:19 PM
Well, as it turns out the PS was easy to fix. I went to my local electronics Junque store and bought a power supply with a similar line filter cap and then just swapped that one in for the blown component.

I was worried that more had fried, but that was it.

Aside from the lingering smell, the A3 is as good as new! :)

carlsson
June 1st, 2007, 12:50 AM
On the other hand, new computers tend to smell too in the beginning. You could claim the Apple /// has been wrapped in its original box until now, and that is why it smells funny.

MystikShadows
June 21st, 2007, 08:36 AM
How much does an Apple /// go for these days anways? how much would you ask for it and what's in it at that price? as in how much RAM any expansion cards included etc? Just curious :-)...

Erik
June 21st, 2007, 09:41 AM
How much does an Apple /// go for these days anways? how much would you ask for it and what's in it at that price? as in how much RAM any expansion cards included etc? Just curious :-)...

Well, I sold this one, repaired, for $100 to a friend.

It's an original Apple /// (not a ///+) and it had the CPU, a Z80 card, 256K of RAM, a Monitor /// and an external disk drive. I also included a couple of manuals and copies of software.

That setup would likely eBay for at least twice that, but it's hard to say for sure.

ahm
June 21st, 2007, 10:39 AM
Well, I sold this one, repaired, for $100 to a friend.

Seems fair. That's about a dollar a pound. :-)

MystikShadows
June 21st, 2007, 02:53 PM
yup, ahm said it best, it's a very fair price considering it's a very usable system even today. :-).

Man, now all that's left is I gotta get to be friends with you before you get a another one of those..LOL

Druid6900
June 21st, 2007, 08:08 PM
The last working /// I sold on e-bay went to France for 350US and contained no expansion cards but did have an additional external Apple drive.

I have another system identical to that one that I just got a couple of needed PROMS for, so, that's probably what I'll list it on my site for.

I think I generally got a little bit more for the vintage computers I sold on eBay because I always had pictures of them set up and working.

Prices always vary based on who is on looking for one and how long it's been since a particular unit has been listed.

Other than that, what one gets for a given piece of equipment seems to have no discernible logic behind it whatsoever.

billdeg
October 24th, 2007, 07:12 PM
guess what...me too. I posted a request in the "wanted" section before I realized that the supply has a bad fuse tucked behind the power jack. I hope that's all that's wrong. If so, the hardest part of the project was to remove the screws from the chassis.
Bill