PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypto

JDT
June 9th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Mel Gibson's newest film, I though The Passion & Brave heart were graphic, this movie brings graphic violence to a whole new level. I'll not spoil it for anyone, some parts were boring, some parts were good, and some parts were distrubing... overall I liked it, go watch it.

CP/M User
June 10th, 2007, 03:54 AM
I haven't seen "The Passion ...", though I thought Braveheart was quite tame!

I was also just wondering what people here think of Violence, Language, etc, etc in films nowadays?

I must confess I've seen a lot of old films now and I dare say if I watch something like Braveheart I'd probably cringe. Though I've heard some nasty stuff from films like Saving Private Ryan and Hanabal. It's something of a concern to myself that if we're allowed this then we can set new limits and do new stuff. I watch something from the 60s like Fistful of Dollars, etc and I reckon it's tame - yet it's rated "R" here in Oz! Television here in Oz has also been reclassified. You can have a Parental Guidance (PG) program showing on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon - a couple of years ago you'd be laughed at! So indeed new boundaries are being set and how far it's gonna go is anybodies guess!