PDA

View Full Version : SX-64 Soft Case

Cloudschatze
June 20th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Greetings,

I found a pristine SX-64 at a thrift store two weeks back ($20!), and it came enclosed in a brown, "leatheresque" soft case (or bag, if you prefer), the flap of which closes over the keyboard, leaving the handle exposed for carrying.

I haven't been able to determine if this case is an actual Commodore accessory or some third-party product, due to a complete lack of markings.

Any ideas?

wiskow
June 21st, 2007, 04:48 PM
I've never seen a "new in box" SX-64, but from what I understand, they came with the computer, keyboard and power cables, manuals, test/demo disk, and a black pouch for storing the cables in with Commodore written on the side in white. So the carrying case you have sounds like a third-party product. Sounds like a nice addition to your computer, though! Is it in good condition? Does it work?

-Andrew

Cloudschatze
June 25th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Is it in good condition? Does it work?

-Andrew

The slip-cover, or the computer? :)

The computer is like new, but lacked any accessories. I've since managed to pick up a keyboard cable, manual, and demonstration diskette off of eBay.

I did have an issue whereby, upon booting, I wasn't presented with a cursor, nor was any keyboard input displayed on-screen. I removed the top cover and pressed upon the 6526 chips, which seems to have done the trick!

The only other issue was that the keys were not responding as expected (probably due to contact oxidation or somesuch). Pressing and wiggling the affected keys took care of that issue.

I'm fantastically pleased with this computer (attributing to its coolness), and hope to get a lot of use out of it... Just as soon as the XE1541 cable arrives...