PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Apple II GS SCSI Adapter

irishmike
July 17th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Greetings All:

I am seeking an Apple II GS SCSI adapter with Manual and disk if possible. If you have one, I am willing to negotiate for it. Please PM me.

Also I am looking for some software titles for the GS... Specifically the ORCA languages and utilities. Again PM me if you can help.

Thanks,

Mike Needham

Sharkonwheels
July 17th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Mike, you REALLY want an Apple High-Speed SCSI adapter.

I had the regular one on my GS a few years back, and it rocked. I replaced the standard SCSI adapter with it, and it was world's apart from the standard.

unfortunately, as you have probably seen recently, the HS Scsi cards command a pretty penny on eBay! I sold mine like 3 years ago for $176!

Looks like they really haven't dropped too much, either!

Tony

Unknown_K
July 17th, 2007, 12:01 PM
I have the REV C SCSI card and it is good enough for a stock IIgs system. If you have a CPU upgrade then you probably want the HS SCSI card (both of which cost plenty of cash).

david__schmidt
July 17th, 2007, 12:01 PM
I thought I REALLY wanted a high-speed SCSI card, too. I finally got on a year ago for $100 or so, and it works fine. But I've given up on rotationally-based storage media since discovering the Compact Flash card. (CFFA: http://dreher.net/?s=projects/CFforAppleII&c=projects/CFforAppleII/main.php ) I suppose it's different if you have a LaserWriter or CD drive you want to hook the the GS. But hard drives for our ancient computers are a dead end in general, and old ones are getting deader and deader as time goes on. :-)