PDA

View Full Version : I kept school's Atari computer lab... what to do now?

digitaljoy
July 20th, 2007, 12:58 AM
Hi, I am moving out of state, have not counted lately but have lots of computers, drives, 1 cassette player/recorder, zillions of floppies, floppy holders, a little 4 color printer, games on cassettes, floppies and cartridges. I also have my mother's unopened Atari computer. I no longer know what works and what does not. Should I just toss it all in garbage, pay to move it with the rest of my possessions and then sell it on ebay or offer to give it away to any one who wants to pay the shipping? Are there places to donate it near Cleveland, Ohio? My students loved :)those computers and so did I. I would appreciate suggestions or guidance:confused:.
Thanks,
Digitaljoy

atari2600a
July 20th, 2007, 01:51 AM
I'd suggest selling each computer individually, each with a few disks & carts. Chances are you could sell them as a single lot too, but w/ a possibly significant hit in profit.

carlsson
July 20th, 2007, 05:04 AM
Keep the unopened computer still in box, and perhaps a few more as much as you can carry. Sell or donate the rest.

Unknown_K
July 20th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Hi, I am moving out of state, have not counted lately but have lots of computers, drives, 1 cassette player/recorder, zillions of floppies, floppy holders, a little 4 color printer, games on cassettes, floppies and cartridges. I also have my mother's unopened Atari computer. I no longer know what works and what does not. Should I just toss it all in garbage, pay to move it with the rest of my possessions and then sell it on ebay or offer to give it away to any one who wants to pay the shipping? Are there places to donate it near Cleveland, Ohio? My students loved :)those computers and so did I. I would appreciate suggestions or guidance:confused:.
Thanks,
Digitaljoy

Where are you at near cleveland? I am in Youngstown.

Are they Atari 800's or ST machines?

NathanAllan
July 20th, 2007, 10:56 AM
See if you can find homes for everything before you throw any of it away. Especially Atari, there are lots of people looking for Atari items.

Nathan

barythrin
July 20th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Like everyone else, if you post what you have here I know lots of us would be interested in getting it off your hands or buying it. I for one am still trying to get an Atari music (midi) setup at somepoint.

- John

schotty
July 29th, 2007, 01:38 AM
I am interested in getting into Ataris. Contact me and I can discuss what I want, and haggle a price thats fair.

digitaljoy
August 2nd, 2007, 06:13 PM
thank you for the suggestion unfortunately I am probably going to throw it all out because I am making a major move and can not afford to pay for it to accompany me.
Digitaljoy

digitaljoy
August 2nd, 2007, 06:17 PM
I am at in all truth seriously considering throwing it out, I could not find a charitable organization that would take it. Maybe you or one of the other responders could help me out with it. I will make a list of what I have only at this time I do not know what works and what does not and do not want to disappoint anyone.
Digitaljoy

digitaljoy
August 2nd, 2007, 06:20 PM
Okay I will post what I have thanks for the suggestion I am feeling less down about it. I am answering the replys out of order so please check out what I wrote above and below they are not in order. You are my third response.
Digitaljoy

Druid6900
August 2nd, 2007, 07:54 PM
Ok, I'd be interested in seeing the list and may be willing to adopt a stray Atari something rather than see it go to the grinder.

Unknown_K
August 2nd, 2007, 07:59 PM
I am at in all truth seriously considering throwing it out, I could not find a charitable organization that would take it. Maybe you or one of the other responders could help me out with it. I will make a list of what I have only at this time I do not know what works and what does not and do not want to disappoint anyone.
Digitaljoy

Please give a location and zipcode, I am close to cleveland and could stop by if the list is worth picking up.