PDA

View Full Version : Identify this CP/M computer

carlsson
July 23rd, 2007, 09:56 AM
There is a CP/M computer for sale on a Swedish auction site:

http://www.tradera.com/auction/auction.asp?aid=45687799

The seller is very informative about what is included, how much it weighs and so on, but forgot to mention both brand and model. Can anyone of you identify it? The BuyItNow price is about $55-60 excl. shipping, but of course it could be picked up instead.

curtis
July 23rd, 2007, 02:48 PM
Doesn't look familiar AT ALL. What country is it in? Babel Fish can't get a handle on it.

Terry Yager
July 23rd, 2007, 05:21 PM
Appears to be an ol' NCR unit, but which model, I can't tell. Is there some way to get a better image (zoom, etc)?

--T

Vlad
July 23rd, 2007, 05:27 PM
Doesn't look familiar AT ALL. What country is it in? Babel Fish can't get a handle on it.

There is a CP/M computer for sale on a Swedish auction site

I can only guess.... ;)

carlsson
July 23rd, 2007, 10:17 PM
In any case, a good friend of mine bought it so eventually he will be able to tell exactly what it is. Someone else suggested Cromenco, but the world of CP/M computers is Greek to me.

carlsson
July 24th, 2007, 11:12 AM
It turns out to be something home built, labeled VAC 700 in custom made casing. Don't bother Google, you probably won't find anything.

curtis
July 27th, 2007, 05:27 PM
I can only guess.... ;)

Come on guy, give me a break! It was a VERY LONG day!

Vlad
July 27th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Been there myself many a time....

CP/M User
July 28th, 2007, 03:55 AM
It looks like one of those machines from the "Jumpin' Jack Flash" movie - what they had I have no idea unfortunately, there was a scene in the film where you could read a name on the side of the monitor - though your machine would also have it clearly labelled!