PDA

View Full Version : MS-DOS CD drive(must see)

Yzzerdd
August 9th, 2007, 07:01 AM
There is an external CD drive on eBay. It is like new, in original packaging. And, It is MS-DOS compatable(w/out windows)! I can't remember if it needed DOS 3.2 or 6.xx, but I think it was 3.2. It even has original manuals, power, and install disks. But get this: It has disks in both 5.25 and 3.5 format. Very nice, and I bet people will fight like cats and dogs over this one!

--Ryan

EDIT: All cables included as well

chuckcmagee
August 9th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Hmm, looks like a scsi cd drive. I kind of doubt there will be much of a fight over that. I'm like my external "Backpack" cd-rom drive much better. Works off the parallel port.

Oh, comes WITH an adapter card, might be a bit more of a fight.

Vlad
August 9th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Yeah I see terminators, its SCSI. Plus I don't trust those caddy loading ones. The one I have can't open the little metal flap any more, plus they really didn't protect the disc that much.

Anonymous Coward
August 15th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Yeah, but caddy loaders are like the Cadillacs of CD-ROM drives. They're so quiet and don't vibrate at all...you can really appreciate it on a drive with a variable spin rate. I really like the Plextors. I have a 32X caddy loader in my 486, and it's the nicest CD-ROM drive I've ever owned. I've been spending the last couple of years converting my old PC collection entirely over to caddy loaders. The only one I've had go on me so far is an old Sony 1X.

Vlad
August 16th, 2007, 02:41 PM
The caddy loader I had probably just didn't survive shipping. A few other things didn't either so all in all I can't really blame it.