PDA

View Full Version : PET and Apple iie software required

Panther
August 11th, 2007, 04:58 PM
I am desperate for software for the commodore 8032 or the Apple iie. For the 8032, better on tape, but disks acceptable, as for the apple 5 1/4 inch disks ok, with instuctions better :)

If you can help let me know, I can already download for emulators, so it's the real deal (or copies at least) I'm after.

Thanks

carlsson
August 12th, 2007, 06:05 AM
Any random software, just like that? Copies or originals? You may as well look for a tutorial how to transfer downloaded software to physical media. PET floppies can be a bit of trouble if you're using a 8050 or higher with "QD" capacity. Tapes should be relatively simple to convert, perhaps with Audiotap if it supports PET.

Panther
August 12th, 2007, 10:21 AM
I was after Tape images for the PET, as I have a program to convert them to WAV's and the plan was to burn the WAV's to CD, then from there record them onto tape, which I can then load direct into the PET, but I can't find a single Tape image anywhere :(

I can find lots of disk images for the PET, but it's getting them from the PC to the PET that's the problem !! as it appears you have to find a suitable cable :( As for the Apple iie, I've got a couple of floppies (Apple Trek, Monopoly etc.).

carlsson
August 12th, 2007, 10:42 PM
In any case, there are a number of pure PRG files that you can use to build a tape image with suitable software. I don't know off-hand exactly how to do it, but I could help you. Theoretically it would be possible to extract PRG files from floppy images too, but those programs may load into many parts. If you have an old-style tape recorder with headphone and microphone inputs, it could be connected directly to your PC without the need of burning an audio CD full of computer noise.

As for a suitable disk drive transfer cable, I don't know one. The X-series (XE/XM/XA/XP 1541) are valuable for the latter 1541-type IEC disk drives, but your PET uses some kind of IEEE drive. Although the 2040 et. al. are read compatible with a 1541, it may not be the ultimate way for software transfers.

MikeS
September 15th, 2007, 10:02 PM
What kind of programs?

Why not just .WAV to tape? What's the CD for?

m

billdeg
September 17th, 2007, 06:52 PM
The 8032 is one of the newer PET's and disk programs were the norm for this machine, not cassette.

PM me if you want to buy 8032 disk software and I will send a list of what I have available.

I have PET 8032 new (old stock) memory upgrade kits available:
http://vintagecomputer.net/purchase_item.cfm?item_id=0010