PDA

View Full Version : WTF GRAWR *stabs my supersport*

supersPORT
August 23rd, 2007, 02:24 PM
Alright, I worked my ass off, but i rebuilt it, back to factory specs, and get it to work..but still the screen is disscollored
and I don't mean some kind of off color, or some kind of sunbleached hue, its a flickering white and browish thing that when typeing begins to streek blue. Grawr, I HAte having to admit things, especially to myself, but the more I work with this Spawn of a demon computer, the more i have to admit to myself, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING. Honestly, I'm about to break down and weep, T_T I have to admit, This is the one computer that it seems, I cannot fix. (btw if you know whats wrong please tell me)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5HhpvclDvY

Omg this is after 24 hours this happened
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt1YMeV7RpA

chuckcmagee
August 23rd, 2007, 03:58 PM
Hmm, maybe you will get more encouragement from other members but that one doesn't look like it's worth the effort. In the case of my Tandy 1110HD, I had to buy 2 of them to get one working one. I took pieces that worked and put them together. I still had to hunt around thru email and ebay for a working CP2024. As previously posted, out of 2 drives ONE of them worked. Other dead one is sitting here next to me. That means that both the original drives in the 1110HD were dead too. Same deal with my working Tandy 1100FD, took 2 machines off of ebay to make one functioning unit.

Vlad
August 23rd, 2007, 04:35 PM
Don't give up yet! I have a Zenith superSPORT 286 myself thats had some monitor issues. The ones in this case style were cranky video wise as I'm sure you've noticed. Mine acts up every now and then but I haven't booted it in quite a while. Just hang in there. Chances are if its not smoking or on fire, it can be fixed.

chuckcmagee
August 23rd, 2007, 04:44 PM
Hmm, as you can see above, I didn't mean "give up". I meant it is probably time to hunt up another one for the "big merge". Sometimes, you can find the part you need. I found a "dc-dc inverter" to fix my Globalyst 200S. Wasn't cheap, as I recall. People selling ancient parts know you don't have many choices, usually soak you.

Vlad
August 23rd, 2007, 05:44 PM
It was just my lame attempt at encouragement, I didn't mean that to come across as a shot at you or anything :P

supersPORT
August 24th, 2007, 08:12 AM
^_^ Aright, I found if you leave it on its side for about an hour it looks better, but the more blue there is on the screen the more glitchy it gets, but, can still play baby bounce. ^_^ I'm so happy now

Vlad
August 24th, 2007, 08:16 AM
I don't know about your model, but mine does have a monitor port on the back for external monitors. Have you looked into that route at all?

Terry Yager
August 24th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Sounds like sum'n wrong with the backlight (bad connection?). Just be patient and I'll dig mine out soon. Then you'll have plenty of spare parts.

--T

supersPORT
August 24th, 2007, 06:34 PM
I don't know about your model, but mine does have a monitor port on the back for external monitors. Have you looked into that route at all?
started to but its an EGAport I have no adapter ormonitor for it

curtis
August 25th, 2007, 05:38 PM
I tend to agree with Terry. Looks like some sort of bad connection.

Then again, Zenith did have a bit of a quality control back then on some models.

It might take a couple of "donor" machines to get it healthy again.

Good luck.

supersPORT
August 25th, 2007, 07:55 PM
actually right now, she's at 100% ^_^i'm so happy except it take like 100 tries to load the os, and crashes