PDA

View Full Version : Apple Lisa 2

Yzzerdd
September 1st, 2007, 11:07 AM
There is a nice Lisa 2 on eBay with keyboard. Untested, but has the 3.5 in it. Looks OK, 1 more day left, bidding upto $71 as of this post!

--Ryan
(ClassicComputerGuy)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160151547747&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT&ih=006

Sharkonwheels
September 1st, 2007, 11:41 PM
Unfortunately, most sellers think "I plugged it in, but it did not work" means the same as "Untested, sold As-Is"

Shame, really...

Tony

Druid6900
September 2nd, 2007, 07:02 AM
I don't know if even I would bid on an non-functional Lisa.

They were a bitch to service, didn't work that well for long even at the best of times and not particularly easy to get parts for even when they were current, even if you were an Apple dealer.

I could PROBABLY fix one, but, it would, no doubt, take, at least, a week of work and, if it was something like the video flyback, well you got yourself a nice box of spare parts.

Rule of thumb on Flea-Bay is, if you don't see it working, it probably isn't. I often wondered why I went to the trouble of fixing and testing the equipment I used to sell on there when it would have sold for almost as much if I just took a picture of it and wrote, as T would say "worked the last time it worked"

Auctions like this just prove that P. T. Barnum was a very asute individual...

Sharkonwheels
September 3rd, 2007, 08:39 PM
The OTHER one that p|sses me off - a "pickup fee" like on that Lisa.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? A dang PICKUP FEE???? What't it take to hand someone a dang computer?!?!? Thieves......

THOSE are the rats that are trying to nickel and dime you for EVERY penny they can.

I see that as WORSE than overcharging for shipping.

That's just WRONG!

T

Druid6900
September 4th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Well, a reasonable pickup fee isn't too bad, I never charged one, but, since the person picking it up would be saving a LOT of shipping costs, I doubt it would be too much of a hardship.

I was hunting up some SCSI-3 fast wide cables last night on e-bay and came across some for 99 cents US on a BUY-IT-NOW auction and I thought, "Great, paydirt". $45 bucks US EACH for shipping by USPS first class to Canada. Now THAT is Highway Robbery.

Finally found some NEW DB68M/M 6 foot cables (for the Sparc external devices) out of Indiana on a BIN, 5 bucks each and shipping was 8 bucks for the first one and 2 bucks for each after to Canada by USPS First class piority. So, 2 six foot cables for 20 bucks.

THERE is a seller I'll be doing more business with.

Sharkonwheels
September 4th, 2007, 01:50 PM
There's a seller on eBay I've dealt with for years, from SCSI cables, to SCA-SCSI adapters for using those over-produced hot-swap scsi's on regular equipment. MC PriceBreakers I think it is? They have the NICE adapters: SCA on one side, and SCSI/SCSI2 on the other. I actually used one, connected the SCSI2 to the controller, and extended the bus out through the 50-pin straight!!!

Tony