PDA

View Full Version : help

ringtemek
September 10th, 2007, 04:24 PM
how do you setup an apple 2e becuase apple //e is flashing on screen

david__schmidt
September 10th, 2007, 07:58 PM
You don't set it up so much as plug it in and turn it on. The banner "Apple //e" ought to be printed at the top of the screen, but if it's actually flashing... something has gone terribly wrong.

Do you have a disk interface card plugged into (probably) slot 6? You might try turning it on, then holding down the Control (ctrl) key while hitting Reset. Do you get a beep and a right-bracket ("]") prompt?

Druid6900
September 10th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Well, I posted this in another thread a while back, but, it appears it could use another posting.

The Apple //e has built-in diagnostics. To access them, press Ctrl-Open Apple-Closed Apple-Reset to run diagnostics and replace the defective IC(s) shown on the screen.

ringtemek
September 11th, 2007, 07:02 PM
You don't set it up so much as plug it in and turn it on. The banner "Apple //e" ought to be printed at the top of the screen, but if it's actually flashing... something has gone terribly wrong.

Do you have a disk interface card plugged into (probably) slot 6? You might try turning it on, then holding down the Control (ctrl) key while hitting Reset. Do you get a beep and a right-bracket ("]") prompt?

doesn't flash anymore and when i insert a disk it just shows apple 2e at the top of the screen

david__schmidt
September 12th, 2007, 03:31 AM
when i insert a disk it just shows apple 2e at the top of the screen

Does the little red light on the drive light up? Do you hear the drive spinning (it's loud - you can't miss it)? Is the drive plugged in? Does ctrl-reset bring you back to the Applesoft prompt?

facattack
September 17th, 2007, 03:34 PM
I need help, too. :D

I've got an Apple II E composite monitor and a GS (ofcourse). When set to 60mhz, the screen has begun to get stuck in a vertical scroll. I was getting color until this mishap occured. But when set to 50mhz, the GS lets the monitor function properly yet in black and white.

I turned the darn thing on like a hundred times, managed to get a color screen by pushing a button on the front of the monitor (under that little flap) and had no scrolling problems. But now! Yikes! I'm lucky if I can see what is going on. Did I accidentally set the thing to work under TV mode????