PDA

View Full Version : Atari SF314 External Drive

Yzzerdd
September 26th, 2007, 03:16 PM
So I made a trip up to Thrift World, on bike, and found a nice Atari SF314 external floppy drive. Not a blemish to talk about, and is still in its original shelf-worn box. Even has the power connectors. I don't have an Atari computer to hook it to(I suspect mine is dead, uncompatable anyways:)) but I did do a power-on test, and it made the usual "gimmie a disk" noise. *looks around* Oh, it even came with what I suspect is the original head vibration protector. It is gray and made of plastic. I honestly don't feel like snapping pictures of the thing right now, but at the bottom of the page, I have a nice representation. Anyone know what computers(Ataris) the thing is compatable with?
http://www.atari-computermuseum.de/pics/thumbs/sf354.jpg
*copyright www.atari-computermuseum.de

--Ryan
Oh, and the SF314 was designed to match the ST line of Ataris, hence me knowing it is not compatable with mine. No cables other than power came with the drive.

ahm
September 26th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Anyone know what computers(Ataris) the thing is compatable with?
[...]
the SF314 was designed to match the ST line of Ataris,

Exactly. So what do you need us for?

NathanAllan
September 26th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Oh, and the SF314 was designed to match the ST line of Ataris, hence me knowing it is not compatable with mine. No cables other than power came with the drive.

Glad we could help. :P

Good find, especially for Texas, btw.

Nathan

Yzzerdd
September 26th, 2007, 05:32 PM
D'oh! Answered my own question! I bought the thing for $1.99, anyone know its worth, preferebly worth among the forums, not eBay?

--Ryan

NathanAllan
October 23rd, 2007, 11:26 PM
ooh, been a while for this thread. Did you ever get an idea of value for it?

Nathan

Yzzerdd
October 24th, 2007, 04:30 AM
Never did. I sold an Atari on eBay and let it go for an additional $10. It was cheap, but the computer sold for $202.50
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140169597434&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=004

--Ryan