PDA

View Full Version : DELL ad

Terry Yager
April 14th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Has everyone seen the new DELL commercial on TV? The one that features the images of vintage computers? Kewl, eh! (Of course, I can't imagine anyone actually upgrading thier Model IV by replacing it with a DELL).

--T

CaptainCommodore
April 18th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Yeah, interesting way to advertise for a new computer... by the way, not to be a stickler to detail, but I'm pretty sure it was a Model III because of its silver color. Model IV's were white/tanish.
Just thought I should mention it...

Terry Yager
April 18th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Yah, yr probably right, I didn't get a real good look at it...more of a passing glimpse. I've only seen it that one time, but I'm sure I'll see it ad nauseum (pardon the pun) before they scrap it. (Wasn't there also an Apple III in there somewhere?)

--T

CP/M User
April 18th, 2004, 08:44 PM
"CaptainCommodore" wrote:

> Hello Professor...
> Shall we play a game?

Yes, how about Global Thermal Nuclear War?

CP/M User.

Terry Yager
April 19th, 2004, 05:41 AM
I remember WOPR, (NORAD's mainframe) but I forget...did David's little Imsai have a name?

--T

ahm
April 19th, 2004, 10:42 AM
>I'm pretty sure it was a Model III because of its silver color.
>Model IV's were white/tanish.

IIRC, the Model III was black.
However, I used to own a Tandy Model 16 and that was silver.

CP/M User
April 19th, 2004, 01:52 PM
"Terry Yager" wrote:

> I remember WOPR, (NORAD's mainframe) but
> I forget...did David's little Imsai have a name?

Not that I've noticed. His computer doesn't get
so much of a look in.

Cheers,
CP/M User.

carlsson
April 19th, 2004, 02:24 PM
IMDb has a rather large page on WarGames trivia, including the facts that the phone number to WOPR was 399-2364, that Matthew Broderick was lended Galaga and Galaxian arcades for two months to prepare for the arcade scene and the same Broderick "figured out a programming sequence on the IMSAI" after the instructions were lost, whatever that means as it also says that the computer was programmed to do the same things no matter which keys one pushed.

It also says the modem lights does not flash although they should when sending and receiving data, but maybe it is because the high transfer speed - while communicating with WOPR, words appear on screen faster than he can type them. Show me a computer of today which can do that!

Another part of trivia is that the part of Professor Falken was originally meant for John Lennon.