PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic core memory on ebay

cclarke99
April 16th, 2004, 03:20 PM
I have a magnetic core memory system (40K bit core mats, drivers and sense amplifiers packaged in a module) for sale on ebay. See auctions by cclarke99

dennistravers0002
March 14th, 2011, 02:49 AM
Did you manage to sell your magnetic core memory, I have a couple of boards one of which is broken so that you cansee some of the core inside, the others are complete so the core is not visible. I have been wondering for years if they could be a valuable historical remnant of the early years of computing. Can you advise?

barythrin
March 14th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Surprised nobody replied but yes they sell very well (unfortunately for some of us who would love to get a sample). It depends on the physical dimensions of the board and visibility of the ferrite cores usually to determine how well they sell. But if you're on ebay take a look at complete auctions and you might be able to determine if it's worth your while. Most folks separate the boards to sell, although a complete one is really neat and a beautiful thing by itself.

You could also try posting it on the local computer and gaming section here (http://marketplace.vintage-computer.com/) for sale in an auction format (it's free to sign up and no cost to post items). Just let folks know and you'll at least get some security knowing it will end up with collectors who certainly respect and care about it.

- John