PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Cash and Oprah in spam filter

carlsson
November 20th, 2007, 02:43 AM
I'm trying to fine-tune SpamAssassin to possibly rank certain tests higher, and was looking through the list of current tests applied to each email. Most are rather obvious, but some amuse me more than others:

FH_FROM_CASH: From name has "cash" (c:a 3 spam points)
BANG_OPRAH: Talks about Oprah with an exclamation! (1 point)

Does that mean email from e.g. Johnny Cash is more likely to get blocked by the spam filter than other messages? :-) As far as I can see, Oprah is also the only celebrity to have her own spam rule. Is it the ultimate claim of fame?

http://spamassassin.apache.org/tests_3_2_x.html

Yzzerdd
November 20th, 2007, 09:58 AM
LOL! That is hillarious! They sure do have alot of things on that list. For those not wanting to read the whole list, when resolution is at 1024x768, Oprah reference is about half way down, Johnny Cash reference anout 3/4 down.

--Ryan

CP/M User
November 20th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Even ET gets a mention! :-D

ET Phone Home?

carlsson
November 20th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Hm, yes. It triggers any URL that ends in "et", like http://www.something.com/et. I don't know from where it comes. My first thought was it has something to do with Ethiopia, but it seems far-fetched.

Yzzerdd
November 20th, 2007, 02:25 PM
I think your link is broken:D, Although it works if you remove the /et.

LOL

--Ryan

CP/M User
November 20th, 2007, 03:30 PM
I dare say that anything confusing deserves the spam filter. Many people seem to take the ET trait and use it for their own purpose! :-x

carlsson
November 21st, 2007, 01:55 PM
I think your link is broken:D, Although it works if you remove the /et.
You seem to misunderstand. I wasn't linking anywhere, I was pointing out an example of a URL that the filter would act upon.

Yzzerdd
November 21st, 2007, 02:02 PM
You seem to misunderstand. I wasn't linking anywhere, I was pointing out an example of a URL that the filter would act upon.

Yeah, i know. I was pulling your leg. Hence why I used the "big smile" emoticon.

linemanduke
November 29th, 2007, 02:25 PM
i just hate it when i gett emails from johnny cash lol