PDA

View Full Version : Full use of screen Classic II

Yzzerdd
December 17th, 2007, 02:38 PM
I always hated that on my Classic II, so much of the screen was unused, and this just black because of poor factory configuration. I popped a panel off of the back(Just above the power, look at the bottom of the panel, and push the tab with a flat-head until the panel comes off) out of curiousity. I found adjusters. Don't toy around with the big black ones you can move with a flat-head, as unless your brightness is bad, they are useless. If you don't have a hex screwdriver to adjust with, a phillips head of tiny proportions will work just as good. I fooled around with the settings, and now I have full view and usage of the screen! Very happy about that. I forgot what they all do, but just mess around with them until you get the right results. Don't turn them too far, they are sensitive. It should only take you 10 minutes to get it just right. Be careful to not overshoot when trying to get the screwdriver into the correct hole. I accidently touched something metal, and after a few small sparks flew(and I took out the screwdriver) the computer reset. DO the adjustments while the computer is on, so you can see results. I don't see danger with this while using common sense. I am not responsible for damage to you or your Mac. I have no reason to believe that while using common sense you or your Mac would get hurt. Just make sure not to flip the "World Destrucion" switch before 2010.

--Ryan

Terry Yager
December 17th, 2007, 03:19 PM
I thought the world was s'pozed to last till at least 2012 (same year my baby brother becomes eligible for parole). Nostradamus and the Mayans both can't be wrong, can they?

--T

Yzzerdd
December 17th, 2007, 03:41 PM
I thought the world was s'pozed to last till at least 2012 (same year my baby brother becomes eligible for parole). Nostradamus and the Mayans both can't be wrong, can they?

--T

I can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic. I am guessing sarcastic, seems in previous threads you said you were'nt the "crazy conspiritor type." Anyways, I personally think the world is going down around 2012. Around 2010, a massive earthquake will happen along the San Andreas fault. Stay a long way away from California in 2010 and 2011.
You'll thank me someday

--Ryan

Terry Yager
December 17th, 2007, 03:56 PM
I can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic.

That's ok, half the time I can't tell either.

I am guessing sarcastic, seems in previous threads you said you were'nt the "crazy conspiritor type."
Oh, I do believe in some conspiracies, I'm just not falling for all the crazy theories that are making the rounds these days. Most of 'em are pretty st00pit.

Anyways, I personally think the world is going down around 2012. Around 2010, a massive earthquake will happen along the San Andreas fault. Stay a long way away from California in 2010 and 2011.
You'll thank me someday

--Ryan

So what if the Yellowstone Supervolcano comes first? Or the asteroid collision, or Global Warming/Ice Age, or <insert favorite global disaster pseudoscientific theory here>...???

--T

Yzzerdd
December 17th, 2007, 04:02 PM
That's ok, half the time I can't tell either.

Oh, I do believe in some conspiracies, I'm just not falling for all the crazy theories that are making the rounds these days. Most of 'em are pretty st00pit.

So what if the Yellowstone Supervolcano comes first? Or the asteroid collision, or Global Warming/Ice Age, or <insert favorite global disaster pseudoscientific theory here>...???

--T

Been awhile since my last research, but as I recall, around the same time as the earthquake, Florida will be underwater. The volcano? Just heard about that one... Ice Age? Won't happy until long after the world ends.

--Ryan

Micom 2000
December 17th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Hmm. I remain skepically cautious about the Dec 21st 2012 predictions but don't dismiss them. They come up in too much ancient lore and newer for that matter. Just wish Bishop Landa hadn't destroyed all those Mayan documents. There is a big difference between conspiracy theories and predictions. St. Malachi's predictions have been pretty spot on, even to predicting the present Pope Benedict. Haven't across the San Andeos fault prediction, other than the usual scientific calculations that it could happen any time. Any good site on that ? And no I'm not a religious type. I'm a long-standing atheist.

Many people used to over-scan their monitors. IIRC I have an old TTL which even had a switch to do that. It was always accompanied with the caution that you could blow them tho.

Lawrence

Terry Yager
December 17th, 2007, 06:43 PM
I'm kinda a delusional skeptic (board certified). Intellectually, I disbelieve, but when in a delusional (psychotic) state, I can become convinced of most anything.

--T

Druid6900
December 17th, 2007, 07:44 PM
World's been ending one way or another ever since the first primate realized that, if he stood upright, he wouldn't have to wear rings with wheels on them.

It's been around for 4.3 billion years (depending on whom you're listening to) and it's slated to be around for another 4 billion or so (until it blows off it's photosphere and french-fries the first few intermost planets).

We might destroy most life on earth, or, in the end of a collision, that might do it as well, but, total planetary destruction, I don't think so.

Life has been wiped (or nearly wiped) a LOT of times in the past, but, it keeps coming back. With luck, it'll stop at the EARLY primate stage next time.

Anonymous Freak
December 17th, 2007, 09:56 PM
As for the whole screwdriver in the Classic thing (woah, an on-topic post?!?!) it is HIGHLY recommended you use a plastic implement of some kind. Among the metal bits you have to go near are high-power capacitors for the CRT.

chuckcmagee
December 17th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Yep, I recently purchased some of those "plastic adjustment tools" at Radio Shack. I get to go back and buy them again as I used too much force on my last set. They are plastic with thin metal blade. I managed to bend the metal part.

Yzzerdd
December 18th, 2007, 05:38 AM
As for the whole screwdriver in the Classic thing (woah, an on-topic post?!?!) it is HIGHLY recommended you use a plastic implement of some kind. Among the metal bits you have to go near are high-power capacitors for the CRT.

Yeah, I was gonna mention to NOT use a screwdriver with a metal handle, but decided that fit in with "common sense." I used a screwdriver with a metal tip and shaft, but a plastic handle. Safe.

--Ryan

Yzzerdd
December 20th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Haven't across the San Andeos fault prediction, other than the usual scientific calculations that it could happen any time. Any good site on that?

Lawrence

Finally got around to finding one AND posting it here/remembering to save it to my favs. Pretty good stuff, you would be wise to take a look at the other pages.
http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/Number666/KingJames8a.html

--Ryan