PDA

View Full Version : Mac OS 8 or 9 for PPC CD .iso image required

paul.brett
December 31st, 2007, 07:44 AM
Does anybody have a Mac OS 8 or 9 CD from which they could create an ISO image for me to burn locally and use?

Paul.

Micom 2000
January 1st, 2008, 01:01 AM
A reosounding AOL "Me too"

Never did get past the MACOS 7.5 in my machines that could handle it.

L

Anonymous Freak
January 1st, 2008, 06:59 PM
Please note that at present, Mac OS versions greater than 7.5.5 are not 'abandonware', and copying them is a violation of copyright. This makes the distribution of them online against forum rules (http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?t=8).

However, every Mac came with a valid license for a certain version of the Mac OS. What Mac are you looking for it for? I probably have a copy of the install files for that individual Mac that it would be okay for me to send to you.

Otherwise, you will have to find a copy for sale online. (eBay is a good source, and there are a few resellers that specialize in older Mac OSes.)

paul.brett
January 2nd, 2008, 01:03 AM
However, every Mac came with a valid license for a certain version of the Mac OS. What Mac are you looking for it for? I probably have a copy of the install files for that individual Mac that it would be okay for me to send to you.

It is a Power Macintosh 9500/200. I don't want to violate any copyright laws, but I agree with your statement about being licensed for the original.

I think it came with Mac OS 8.6 (which is on there now, but 'broken').

Paul.

Anonymous Freak
January 2nd, 2008, 10:15 AM
Well, unfortunately, the 9500 originally came with 7.5. If you want, I can make you an .iso of it's original restore disc.