PDA

View Full Version : This'll separate the men from the boyz!

Terry Yager
May 26th, 2004, 06:30 AM
Ok C=64 collectors, get a good tight grip on your wallets and get ready to bid:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4133946261

--T

vic user
May 26th, 2004, 07:15 AM
I guess a collector will find it cool.

Too bad it did not have neat modifications to the hardware, like a switch selectable CBM 2.0 to CMB 3.5 (ala what Anders mentioned in the denial forum on vic 20)

Chris

carlsson
May 27th, 2004, 12:11 AM
I think there are two kinds of computer collectors (not mentioning those who collect to use); the technical one which tries to get every different model and prototype and the investing one which may be more excited about a golden C64 than a V364, C65 or for that matter some silly piece of software like Mt Drash (although all three have high market values right now).

Personally, I don't have the money or space to collect, but even if I did, I think I couldn't be less bothered about this gold-plated (or is it only golden plastic? I never figured out) unit. Let's wait and see if the bids match the reserve and expected price. I almost look down on those who sell something really rare and have to state how much other people selling a similar item received before starting the bidding. The reservation price is one thing, but serious collectors should have a good idea about value or be able to look it up anyway.

Imagine if eBay would start a buyer's auction, where one could look for an item and sellers could post their offers. If the buyer in his description would state that "I've seen this kind of item bought for $1 before, so I expect to pay no more than $5 myself", most sellers would grunt a little.