PDA

View Full Version : eBay pains

bbcmicro
January 9th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Graah!

I bought an item of eBay, I took a chance on a fairly new guy, a member for a month with 100% feedback and a score of 10. Everything goes fine, item paid for, said he'd post it on Wednesday (Last week) and I thought I could stop thinking about it.

Got an email a few days ago from eBay, telling me that due to security reasons the listing has been removed, even though it had finished. It also told me to try and get my money back, unless the item has already been posted. Then wait a while, and try again.

Firstly, eBay removed the listing so I couldn't contact the seller through the auction page. Secondly, when I did manage to get to him through eBay, his account had been removed. So, I don't know whether it's been sent or not and I can't ask. Therefore I don't know when I should take actions to get my money back. Even more annoying, eBay has done all this and not told me why, saying which is infuriating. Is the guy a crook or what?

grr.

evildragon
January 9th, 2008, 03:11 PM
If paid by PayPal, take it up with them...

bbcmicro
January 9th, 2008, 03:19 PM
I did, thank God. I've just spent a while sifting through my eBay emails, and I've actually found an email address! Sent him a message. If he's sent the item, I'll wait a while. If there's any other answer than that, I'll file a complaint with paypal. I've got 3 weeks left.

Unknown_K
January 9th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I got a warning from ebay about a seller last month (1st time), saying he was no longer an ebay member and that if I have not recieved my item I should get in touch with paypal.

Funny thing was my item arived the day before, in the condition it was supposed to be in, and I had given the seller good feedback. It was a cheap item of about $6 shipped (ATI AIW purple cable for A/V into the card).

Sharkonwheels
January 10th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I did, thank God. I've just spent a while sifting through my eBay emails, and I've actually found an email address! Sent him a message. If he's sent the item, I'll wait a while. If there's any other answer than that, I'll file a complaint with paypal. I've got 3 weeks left.

If you've already paid, and he got knacked, file a complaint, as eBay/PayPal suggested.

if/when you get it, it's a REALLY simple matter for you to close the dispute.
CYA = Cover Your Arse - don't wait - do it now.

T

bbcmicro
January 11th, 2008, 02:20 AM
I tried to file a complaint through eBay, but I need the listing number. I have that, but the auction has been removed, so it doesn't mean anything

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm going to have to try and do it through paypal.

Sharkonwheels
January 14th, 2008, 11:14 PM
If you paid payPal, you use the paypal transaction ID, not the eBay listing number.

T