PDA

View Full Version : New Cottonwood BBS Photos

wiskow
January 24th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I just posted new photos of the setups for both Cottonwood BBS and Cottonwood II on the BBS's website at http://cottonwood.servebbs.com ... If you want to see what a C128 setup looks like with six 1571's and four 1541's (device #'s 8 through 17), then check it out! :)

-Andrew

barythrin
January 25th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Quite awesome. Maybe this weekends project will be getting one of my Commodore systems to connect to the BBS. I have to check if I even have a serial port though.. out of all the systems I have I'm not sure I recall that type of adapter on the back.

I never completed my palm cradle hack (not sure why since it's quite a simple soldering job) but that would take some SLIP supported program on the commodore.. as well as the rs232 port.

wiskow
January 25th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Quite awesome. Maybe this weekends project will be getting one of my Commodore systems to connect to the BBS. I have to check if I even have a serial port though.. out of all the systems I have I'm not sure I recall that type of adapter on the back.

I never completed my palm cradle hack (not sure why since it's quite a simple soldering job) but that would take some SLIP supported program on the commodore.. as well as the rs232 port.

If you don't have the required hardware to connect a Commodore to call out to the Telnet BBS's, then the "next best thing" is using CGTERM, which emulates a real Commodore graphic terminal program and runs on Windows and Mac OS X. There's a link to download CGTERM on my BBS's website. Also, there's a link there to Jeff Ledger's PDF file there which explains exactly how to connect a Commodore to a PC for calling Telnet BBS's with "authentic" hardware. :)

-Andrew