PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Socket 370 motherboard(s)

Vlad
February 11th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I'm looking for a clean socket 370 motherboard for general use. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, AGP slot would be great. The processors I plan on using would be in the 800 MHz to 1.3 GHz range so a 133 FSB would be great. But then again, I'm not picky as long as its clean and functional.

I have processors but heat sinks would be appreciated as well.

-Vlad

evildragon
February 21st, 2008, 09:08 AM
Any offers?

Vlad
February 21st, 2008, 10:14 AM
Thats a little vague. If you mean has anyone offered to sell me one, no. Otherwise I didn't catch what you meant by that.

-VK

evildragon
February 21st, 2008, 10:35 AM
Thats a little vague. If you mean has anyone offered to sell me one, no. Otherwise I didn't catch what you meant by that.

-VK
Exactly as you thought, any offers to sell, because you wanted to buy...

I have a D815EFV / D815EPFV

It's onboard ethernet is shot, and I think with a BIOS update it can get to the speeds you want... One of the RAM slots has a missing clip..

evildragon
February 22nd, 2008, 08:16 PM
If you want this motherboard shoot me a PM. I got myself a new IBM ThinkCentre with a quadcore and quad SATA drives.

I have no use for this motherboard period, and if no claims come in, I'm trashing the board.

Vlad
February 22nd, 2008, 08:59 PM
Not really interested but thanks for the offer :)

JDT
February 23rd, 2008, 05:42 AM
Hey Vlad,

I think* I have a dual socket 370 mobo out of an Acer Altos 500/510? pedestal server, takes PC133 ECC ram, onboard NIC works ;) If its something your interested in, I could look for it next time I visit my storage facility... (aka moms house)

add* I think it had onboard SCSI as well.

Vlad
February 23rd, 2008, 09:06 AM
That would be really awesome but I don't have any ECC RAM :\

If you know or can remember, is it possible to turn ECC off and run with out or would I have to find ECC RAM?

-VK

JDT
February 23rd, 2008, 09:46 PM
That would be really awesome but I don't have any ECC RAM :\

If you know or can remember, is it possible to turn ECC off and run with out or would I have to find ECC RAM?

-VK

Sorry Mate, no idea I will check if it will take non ecc, however... i may have a gig or so of ecc in my bag-o-ram. I'll check on monday or tuesday for ya

JDT
February 26th, 2008, 11:07 AM
http://www.jdthiele.com/personal/p3moboforvlad1.jpg
http://www.jdthiele.com/personal/p3moboforvlad2.jpg

Model is a "M25D" I recall firing it up when I got it a few months back, updating the bios, loosing interest and putting it away. Please look up specs on mobo, as I am too lazy =P Let me know if you want it, otherwise it may just hang on my cube wall forever... =)

Druid6900
February 26th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Hey, Vlad, if you're not interested in it, I would be (which would free up a couple of working Socket 370 boards) :)

JDT
February 28th, 2008, 03:23 PM
/ping

Vlad
February 28th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Sorry, been sick lately and haven't had the time to look up info. I don't have the money to spare on a skt 370 board anymore so go ahead and send it along to someone else. Sorry.

-Vlad

Druid6900
March 2nd, 2008, 07:35 PM
Well, JDT, wanna do some old fashion horse-trading for some VLB stuff? I have MBs, video cards and controllers.

afleetcommand
March 9th, 2008, 04:48 AM
I might have something in the class you are looking for...I posted in the "For sale or trade" a list of all my older stuff. I have several P3 era bare bones or mother boards.