Image Map Image Map
View RSS Feed

inotarobot

1. Firefighting, Emergency Electrical Isolation, First Aid in ur Vintage Computer Room

Quote Originally Posted by inotarobot View Post
    Hello all,

Trust everyone on VCF is well and enjoying this hobby.

I am starting this 'Safety' focus thread, to discuss and ask, what each of you are doing about protecting both yourself, your family (if your computer room is part of your house) and your collection.

Want this to be an ACTIVE input thread, not simply a READ thread, so I implore those that generally just read here on VCF, to think and ADD a reply saying what they are doing in regards to
  2. Necessities verses Necities to populate my new computer room/workshop

Hi again all.

Well I have finally assembled the transportable outbuilding, that I expect to populate as my new computer room/workshop.

Its rectangular,5.880m (19.29ft) by 3.360m (11ft) floor area with head height of 2m (6.5ft). One long wall has a door and 2 windows, and one short end wall has window in middle of wall. The other long wall and the rear (short) wall are blank.

So its decision time, what to keep, what to dispose of and what to chuck in ewaste.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. When you DIE, will your collection Die also ? ie Chucked in a Junk skip by others

Ok this is always a touchy subject to those that collect anything.

Hopefully this post will get more comments than just views, as I really feel all have to put not just their mind to read and think, but put their thoughts in to actions. And a good starting action to save you collection, is to take the step and Comment here, about your own action plan.

WHAT ... you don't have an Action Plan prepared, to save your collection when you 'leave us" ? Why NO I ask ?
  4. Analog Computer "Down Under" EAI TR-20

Hi again all.

OK need help please on this EAI TR-20

The unit has a display out connector, on the back right hand side, directly below the AC main 115v or 240V ac power in connector.

Personally, from 40+ years working in industrial electronic, I very much dislike the location of this connector, as none of its cabling appears screened (mind you I was tired when I inspected this area, and may have missed the screens), especially since it has only voltages
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. my TR-20 analog computer removable front "programming panel"

On this model analog computer the front patch panel that one creates the 'program' for the computer to execute, is removable.

This was done to allow to allow the use of multiple front panels, to be separately patched and left as a 'program' to be run again.

Attachment 28389
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast