Image Map Image Map
View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Idea for new SoundCard for PCMCIA Type II equipped laptops......

Been hanging around Vogons watching the "New PCMCIA Card" thread....which turned out to be a misnomer....so I guess "Party On" for me.

Considering the number of reproduction soundboards being put out as of late - you have Sergey's Adlib, you have a Gravis UltraSound clone, you have someone working on an AWE64 clone.....I'm surprised nobody has attempted to make a PCMCIA card, especially since that's something people in the retro-gaming community tend to pine for ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Versas are Fixed.....ALL of them.....

All the NEC Versa are up and running now, all four of them. So here's the current specs and everything I had to do with them...

1994 NEC Versa 40EC
    - 640x480 Active Matrix Thin Film Transistor 9.4" LCD, Non Pen/Touch, NEC NL6448AC30-06
    - i486 DX2 SLC 40MHz
    - 20MB of RAM (4MB on Board, 16MB on Card)
    - 1.44MB Floppy Drive
    - 540MB 3.5" IBM HDD (Versa Pak, Original to my M/75)
    - Western Digital 65543 1MB SVGA Graphics/LCD Controller ...
    Tags: 486, laptop, nec, pentium, versa Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Still waiting for "guitar season".....

Anyone that has followed my YouTube channel for the last, I dunno, 15 years knows I tend to be seasonal, favoring music/guitars/cars (if I can help it on that last one) during the summer, and then spending the winters doing Console/TV/Computer/Electronic stuff.

But it's still cold out, threatening rain or snow still....so I guess more computer stuff it is nicer out. Even then, I have one or two projects for PC's during the summer that I can do (etching circuit boards) if I feel like. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. More Versa Work.....

Just got the Ultralite in, I got a REAL basketcase, lol. Rusty oscillator, looks like water damage, ticks when the battery is installed, no status on the LCD display, LCD panel thrashed but control boards good, AC Adapter is down for the count as well, and the plastic is cracked. When they said "for parts" they were not kidding. Managed to use a few parts to fix the M/75 I just got.

The M/75 was also a bit of a basketcase - overpaid. But the chassis on this one is flawless ...
    Tags: 486, laptop, nec, repairs, versa Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Courier Woes - why I'm holding off on my rebuild/flip idea

USPS up until now has been very reliable, so I'm a bit ticked off....

Ordered M/75 on the 8th, was "Out for Delivery" on the 15th, then turned up at a 6:41pm as "Ready for Pickup" at our Post Office. No slip, no note in the tracking - nothing. Weird since our regular carrier comes by as late as 9:10pm to deliver mail and parcels.

So I figure - since the message on E-bay AND USPS is "be patient, we are experiencing slowdown during these unprecedented ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast