Image Map Image Map
View RSS Feed

NeXT

1. Stuck in the 80's: Mastervoice's Butler in a Box

Continuing along with the Dicon 9000 we last discussed I would like to now introduce you to home automation for the 80's masses.

Indeed, the Butler was pretty advanced for its time and (with this article in particular) it got even better. The later but identical looking "Series II" added enhanced support as well as added serial, parallel and modem ports, plus additional external expansions ...

Updated May 20th, 2015 at 08:17 AM by NeXT

Tags: 1'", 1 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Dicon

Usually I reserve these blogs for computer related projects but here's something that I've been wanting to get off my bench for a while.

About 10 years I found a rather amazing wireless security system known as the Dicon 9000. The name itself made me feel like it was going to be anything but good.

It appears to of been available in the late 80's and early 90's and came in a grey ...
  3. Gutted

I make these blogs and actively maintain a Photobucket account so that people can see my ongoing projects form start to finish and get an idea on how to do it themselves.
    However I can only assume that I've pissed some god off somewhere and not a week will pass where something makes my life miserable. Breakdowns, stolen equipment, payment miscalculations, job loss, organ failure. You name it. Why have ...
  4. IIfx Forever!

My mission going into this project was to make the machine complete. Not perfect. Just complete. For a period of time I was literally looking at a pile of mac II era hardware for a reasonably good price, like it-all-cost-me-under-$100 good. This was the result of a lot of effort.

Mac collectors like to cherish some of Apple's most memorable products, ...
  5. Epson Equity II Pt. 2

Now comes the first major issue with this machine. In order to reach the motherboard you have to COMPLETELY dismantle the computer. There's almost a dozen screws and three or four parts of the frame, not to mention drives, cards, the power supply and some cables but once that's all pulled away you're treated to a rather densely populated board.

Updated December 16th, 2014 at 10:05 AM by NeXT

Categories
    Uncategorized