Image Map Image Map
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. How to build your own homebrew computer: getting started

Hi! Thanks! I have never "blogged" before so I am not really sure how to proceed. I think what I am going to just discuss the latest topics in my own homebrew computing projects and if people as questions or are interested in something I'll elaborate on the topic. Please note, I will try to keep the topic to homebrew computing and not just a ongoing description of the N8VEM project. Obviously I am biased towards it so I offer no pretense of objectivity regarding the subject. If people ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. My Next Adventure

Recently I acquired a Toshiba T3200.It's sorta "Laptop\Luggable" in formfactor.It uses AC power to run,so no external power supply is needed.It's dead right now,so a trip into the power supply or looking for a Fuse is my next step.This is the kind of exercise that helps build Brain Pathways.(And BOY do I need more of those!)
    I haven't had much luck of late with Toshiba Laptops.What I remembered about them,was that they were rock solid and not at all "twitchy".But lately ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Every Day Will Be Different

Not being of entirely sound mind can be interesting,if you realize that you are(are not?). You are an observer in your own life.That can be amusing(and sometimes scary).The things that you do every day can offer challenges that are disquieting at times.I was out driving to the Post Office,a trip I've made hundreds of times.I always follow the same route.(I ALWAYS FOLLOW THE SAME ROUTE,no matter what I'm doing,to have the illusion of control.)What an adventure.I ran a red light(No one was coming,so ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Going full circle

This Christmas holiday (I took a whole week off to visit family back home), my brother in law gave me his old Tandy 1000 HX.
    This was pretty significant to me because it was on a Christmas may years ago that I got my 1000 HX, my first pc-compatible. It replaced the MC-10 I had.
    After getting my new system home and starting it up for the first time, I began to realize that I never knew just how good I had it with the HX.

It came with enough software in Deskmate to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Build your own homebrew computer!

Are you interested in building your own homebrew computer from scratch? I think a lot of vintage computer hobbyists have considered designing and building their own computer at some point. There are many projects scattered about on the internet in varying states of completion. I believe many hobbyists have harbored dreams of building their own homebrew computer for a long time just looking for their opportunity.

My own personal quest for a homebrew computer started out small but ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized