Image Map Image Map
View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Oric Atmos Missing key wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by GiGaBiTe View Post
    You could try making your own with a resin cast in a silicone mold, or design one in 3d modeling software and print it. A resin printer would give you the best results, but a good FDM 3D printer can make acceptable models.
    Thank you. That would be the last option. I still keep my fingers crossed, for an original replacement.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. How did you run an Emissions Diagnostic in the 80's?

In my last article I discussed AMC's CeC fuel feedback and emissions control system and specifically how to depot it for the purpose of reverse engineering. This consisted of one Intel MCS-48 microcontroller and a dozen inputs and outputs. This was pretty normal for the time and other automotive manufacturers were using similar designs, if not borrowing from one another. The problem with going this route however was that the system was closed-minded. There was no OBD2 and there was also no OBD1. ...
  3. MPI 360k won't read/write

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    I can't say that for certain. The head assembly is a complex system. The only way to have an inkling is to use something like IMD and check each head individually.
    IMD says RPM are 272... should be 300 right?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Atex PDP-11/34

If you have an oscilloscope, that would give you a lot of flexibility in problem solving. If not, can you get ahold of some type of RS-232 breakout box with LED indicators, or something like I bought years ago RS-232 CHECK TESTER, that could work to determine if there was some signal activity on a port. The only problem would be if the amount of data being written to the port was small, you might need a slow motion video to detect the LEDs blinking
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Pericom terminal restoration

Quote Originally Posted by zippysticks View Post
    So I bought this non working Pericom terminal which won't power up (shorted smoothing capacitors and burned out bridge rectifier) and also has a pretty 'terminal' case of screen 'cataracts'.

Have the rectifier and capacitors on order so decided to tackle the screen problem. This is caused by the ageing of the 'glue' that bonds a layer of protective glass to the CRT. It becomes opaque and starts to bubble - usually around the edges.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190601_104748413.jpg 
Views:	6844 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	53658
Page 1 of 105 123451151101 ... LastLast