Image Map Image Map
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. What was your first memory of being in awe watching a computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    Actually for me it was a book about computers that drew me to them. I had been using the TI-59 programmable calculator and I ran across this book back in 1978 -

It blew me away how you could do so much more, especially manipulating text like MID$, RIGHT$, etc. on a computer compared to the programmable calcs.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. And The Dead Shall Rise!!! Sometimes...

I wanted to write about the successful "Raising From the Dead" of my Toshiba T3200.Well,it's "Dead Jim".There is nothing obvious,everything looks good.The most natural place to start was the Power Supply.,then various traces,then started looking for a seprate fuse or breaker in the power circut.Nope.I just can't find the fault.Ok,now to reassemble it and do no more damage.In that I can score a WIN! It went back together with no extra screws.At least there was some success in ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. GAME: The never ending story

Just tack on a sentence that will fit with the one above it.

One day, Erik was drinking coffee...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Vintage Mac software and peripherals at ebay

Tomorrow (Monday February 1st 2010) is the last day of my sale of collected software and components from powerbooks past. Check it out if interested:
    http://myworld.ebay.com/jaceo
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The "Shotgun" Approach

As I wind my way through my "New" life,I have come to a conclusion about how to accomplish the projects that have been begun.I have two modes.The first is "Total Immersion",where I concentrate all my effort on the project at hand.The problem with that is ,well...That's ALL I can do.None of my share of the Cooking,Cleaning,Yard work and such,is even considered.I am 100% FOCUSED on the project.This might seem a good strategy with a maximum chance of success.But...well there is ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized