Image Map Image Map
View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. USB on an 8 bit ISA Bus, it is possible!!!

Learn something new everyday... I was not aware that this existed- at all. Perhaps I should create a boot ROM for it someday...

Quote Originally Posted by Dca2 View Post
    Back to the topic. I'm not sure if there is a massive demand for using USB keyboard, USB sound codec or USB printer on vintage computers. But imo, using USB mass-storage does matter for the sake of convenience and cool. Actually, I have been using USB sticks on my 386DX-40 and DX4-100 for 2+ years. The product I use is a CH375 based ISA card with an USB port
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Overhauling the Lowly Willem Programmer

When you get into the Vintage Computer field there will eventually come a time when you wish you had an EPROM programmer either to dump a ROM image and upload it wherever or to burn a new ROM. When you look around you will notice that it's open season on chip programmers. Some have additional handy features like ICSP or JTAG. Some are the complete deal with a microcontroller and dedicated disk ...

Updated December 26th, 2013 at 11:00 AM by NeXT

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The new life of a TransNote's battery

When I got my TransNote one of the big issues was the battery was no good. A quick search yielded that nobody was selling replacements. There was just the odd person with a NOS or used one and I wasn't willing to risk $100 on a battery that might be a dud. Fortunately (or so I thought) The Source (formerly Radio Shack) offered a battery rebuild program with a flat rate of $85 on laptop batteries and the possibility of a capacity upgrade if the newer technology cells were available. From the dropoff ...
  4. Floppy Disk Sleeves

I bought 100 5.25" floppies.. and didn't want to pay for bland looking generic sleeves or plain white..
    Make your own floppy disk sleeve.. Below, you'll find inkjet friendly floppy disk sleeves to print-out.
    Some are only recommended for laser so the paper won't be saturated with ink.

--j
    Click here to join Vintage Computer Forums

I have discovered that *a few* of these PDFs look grainy when viewed in Google Docs, however they print ...

Updated April 7th, 2014 at 02:43 PM by luvit

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Reading paper tapes from scratch

I've wanted a paper tape reader for my machines for years. No joke. Even way back in highschool I was in the machine shop trying to mill parts for a reader but I never managed to build a working unit. Really if you are a sensible person you can buy a reader but get ready to dig deep. In some cases you better be prepared to pay $100 just for part of the optic block. Googling around you will find quite a few hobbyist grade readers and there's a lot of old articles from back in the early microcomputer ...
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast