Image Map Image Map
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. ITT PowerSave 500 - UPS on an ISA card

This is actually a board that was on loan to me for the last week while I removed the batteries. It's a 230w rated UPS with a 15 minute reserve capacity that's designed to plug INSIDE YOUR PC and connects in parallel with your power supply. A little bit of software shuts the system down gracefully when it is engaged, however makes the system immune to accidental cord pulling or power switch flipping, which are probably the two last things you could do to idiot-proof a server.

2. Decent socket 370 motherboard in Baby AT form factor.

Quote Originally Posted by alpher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blackepyon View Post
    Yeah. Best thing to do is make a list of the stuff you ACTUALLY need and just keep an eye for when it's on for a good price.
    I actually picked up my HP 16500B at a local retro-computer meet. The guy had a second one and wanted to get rid of it, and I offered him $100, he said, "sold!" I was looking at cheap USB logic analyzers online, but this was the right thing at the right price and the right time, especially given what shipping would have cost if I got one of these on eBay
  3. IBM Fixed Disk and Diskette Drive Adapter For 5170

Quote Originally Posted by lutiana View Post
    Is that an MFM controller? If so I can dig through my small collection of the things and send you one or two that may or may not work for the cost of shipping if it helps.
    Yes itís an MFM controller that also had the floppy controller built into it.
    That would be great if you had one.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. ASR 33 teletype chad box

I had a go at doing the ASR 33 chad bucket in CAD so you ought to be able to just print one off now.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3353088
  5. 6502 Made from 74-Series Logic at 20 MHz

Very groovy, but I think there's way more reason to implement the 6510. Clearly more units utilized the 6502. But you can still find them new on eBay from time to time.
    Categories
    Uncategorized