Image Map Image Map
View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Long time....no update....

I have a second blog at blogger, but wondering if maybe I should stick to this one here....any thoughts? While blogger is easier I have a far longer legacy here at VCF than I do at blogger. Plus this feels more like something I"d use (and it works with my vintage computers).

So since the last post a long time ago....a lot has changed. I live in a different region, my collection was downsized and then regrown again (something about this keeps me coming back, even though it's ...
  2. Crazy year

I do hope next year will be better.

Booked a holiday to Greece at the end of 2019 to travel September 2020 but with the uncertainty we refused to pay the balance in May meaning we lost the deposit, then we booked a trip to Santorini then with 20 hours to go, that was cancelled by the travel operator when it went on the Quarantine list.

Then I had to splash out 2.5K fixing the Porsche (first world problem or what) with new brakes and tyres.

More luck ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Piles of computers

Exciting month

Daver2 arranged for some equipment from work to be picked up from the station by various interested parties. Arrived at the building to see a pile of DEC equipment (apparently it was much bigger earlier).
    Took home a Microvax3300 and a microvax II. Maybe this time I wont blow up the PSU on the 3300 (labelled 240V, actually 110V) and then I can use it to diagnose the first unit and eventually have two working 3300's.

Last week met PG31 who had three ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. iMac G3 Lime

Well I got a G3 with matching keyboard and puck mouse. This post is really just to test it as I'm using it to make the post. It's honestly really nice.
    Tags: apple, imac Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. My first computer lives!

So while digging through some old components I managed to stumble upon my first computer tower. It's an HP Pavilion 6330 originally sporting a 300Mhz AMD K6-2 with 48mb of RAM and a 4Mb onboard video card. Sadly pretty much every original component to it died years ago due to my own technological ignorance at the time. Luckily the day before I found the tower I found a PERFECT replacment board to go in it. The board is a HP OEM board rocking a 333Mhz Pentium II and at the moment 32Mb of RAM and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 110 123451151101 ... LastLast