Image Map Image Map
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 386 Video Boot Issue

Quote Originally Posted by SpidersWeb View Post
    Old VGA cards often test the connector to determine if a display is colour or monochrome, when using a newer VGA monitor it often gets confused and results vary.
    I only have a couple of Trident cards which do this - so I make sure to use these with old CRTs - otherwise I try and use a different card that doesn't do it.
    Hmmm... how can video cards tell the difference? Was there something in the original VGA standard/original VGA signaling that made this possible?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Dicon

Usually I reserve these blogs for computer related projects but here's something that I've been wanting to get off my bench for a while.

About 10 years I found a rather amazing wireless security system known as the Dicon 9000. The name itself made me feel like it was going to be anything but good.

It appears to of been available in the late 80's and early 90's and came in a grey ...
  3. Europress Software & Mini Office Amiga Review - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#41

Look back at UK publisher Europress Software and review of Mini Office Amiga, one of the many software packages released under the label of this awesome company that has its roots back in 1965.

Europress Software & Mini Office Amiga Review - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#41
  4. Video Games based in Oscar Winning Movies for Best Picture - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.

Since the dawn of video gaming that only about 8 films, winners of the Oscar for Best Picture, got a proper virtual version.
    This week we'll be taking a glimpse to 5 of those movies and their video game counterparts.

Video Games based in Oscar Winning Movies for Best Picture - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#40

Updated March 8th, 2015 at 04:33 AM by PixelTHING

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Gutted

I make these blogs and actively maintain a Photobucket account so that people can see my ongoing projects form start to finish and get an idea on how to do it themselves.
    However I can only assume that I've pissed some god off somewhere and not a week will pass where something makes my life miserable. Breakdowns, stolen equipment, payment miscalculations, job loss, organ failure. You name it. Why have ...