Image Map Image Map
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Trusting (or Not) Your Gut

I have had mostly great experiences,here on the VCF.In buying and trading,it's like how I expected it to be.My first instinct is to "Trust My Gut" when a Trade or Buy is being considered.I'm from a background where "Horse Tradin'" is a skill you picked up while you were a kid.You learned about how to treat folks and the meaning of Good and Bad that way.There is no rule more universal in the history of Mankind as the "Golden Rule".No religion or belief system can lay ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. How to build your own homebrew computer: Make a prototype

So you've scoured the internet and found just the right schematic for your first homebrew computer. Now you want to build it yourself and are wondering how to go about making the circuit. There are many options but three very common approaches you might consider. Let's pick this one for example:

http://z80.info/gfx/z80test.gif

The first and probably easiest is to use a breadboard. These are simple devices you can get from Radio Shack, Jameco, or many other electronic ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Today is a "Bad" Day

I get these "Bad" days every so often.It takes a lot of effort to just type a coherent sentence.(Only 3 tries for that last one)On days like this I am a hazard to any PC I try to "Fix".(It's more like Kill!)These don't last for more than a day or two.Maybe tomorrow will be better.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. First Foray Into the Unknown...

As I wrote before,I am delving into the innards of my T3200.As I understand it,a continuity test should help me find where the Power is not going.At first glance there is nothing wrong,it has continuity.Now what?I guess the PS could be bad.I haven't ever messed with the innards of one before.I suppose that an "Autopsy" might turn up a problem that is fixable.(With the correct precautions of course!)
    And so it goes with the "Fun" of old PCs.It can be a "Downer",then ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. How to build your own homebrew computer: getting started

Hi! Thanks! I have never "blogged" before so I am not really sure how to proceed. I think what I am going to just discuss the latest topics in my own homebrew computing projects and if people as questions or are interested in something I'll elaborate on the topic. Please note, I will try to keep the topic to homebrew computing and not just a ongoing description of the N8VEM project. Obviously I am biased towards it so I offer no pretense of objectivity regarding the subject. If people ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized