Image Map Image Map
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. C1P Emulation - I was right!

After some fun and games working out how to use Emacs to edit individual bytes in a binary file, I managed to change both the I/O distributor bytes in the disk image to $02 and rebooted my emulator. About 3 seconds later, I got this:-

As you can see, it now has a pair of floppy drives as well as the cassette recorder, and the tiny square on the last screen line is actually a flashing ...

Updated June 24th, 2010 at 11:10 PM by retrohimpi

Tags: c1p, osi Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    OSI C1P Emulation
  2. S-100 Front Panel (Bus Monitor) project

Quote Originally Posted by lynchaj View Post
    Hi! Here is a quick update on the S-100 System Monitor Board project. The second round of prototype PCBs for the base board and display mezzanines are built and tested. There were some corrections to all the boards but I think we've got it now. I will be ordering manufactured PCBs in the near future. What remains is to update the trace routing on the SMB base board and display mezzanines and then place the order.

Functionally the S-100 SMB is like an updated version of the Jade
    Tags: home brew, s-100 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. IBM DOS v5...

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva10210 View Post
    Ah, I failed to mention that it's on 3" DD disks...
    Okay, I'm assuming that you do not have a 5.25 inch floppy?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Some progress with my emulator

Well, I've made some progress in understanding the problem, even if I'm no nearer a solution. I set a breakpoint in OS65D's generic character output subroutine, rebooted and wrote down the ASCII value in the accumulator each time it was called. I saw banners from OS65D and OSI 9 digit BASIC, a '25985 bytes free' message, an 'Ok' prompt, and a 'RUN"BEXEC*"' command. Clearly, OS65D was silently launching BASIC, which initialised and then ran the BEXEC* program from disk before the system ...

Updated June 24th, 2010 at 11:11 PM by retrohimpi

Tags: c1p, osi Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    OSI C1P Emulation
  5. Apple 11e for sale

Hi guys, I have an Apple 11e with double floopy drive, software and printer (have not found the monitor yet) and it is about time to clean house. Would anyone be willing to make me an offer on it? Call me at 920.773.2553

All cables are also with the unit and it worked fine when I stopped using it. If you get my voice mail, just leave a message with the phone number I can call you back at. Speak slow and clear and if I do not get back to you, try again.

Have a great ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized