Image Map Image Map
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. What defines "vintage", and why running DOS on a netbook is fun!

I've always wondered what "vintage" really is. I've done tons of research
    and finally found an answer! It turns out that it's not a real time frame,
    but most people consider it to be from around the 1950s to the 1990s,
    though some people extend that until the early-2000s. However, vintage
    really refers to ANY time period. You can even have a 2013 vintage. It would
    be lame, but it got me thinking. If something from only a couple of years ago
    could ...

Updated August 7th, 2015 at 10:33 AM by Capt. 2110

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A few Favorite Games on a few Different Systems - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#60

While cleaning and reorganizing things on my renewed room, I was hugely struck by nostalgia when I was going through my collection. So many memories flashed right away through my mind, and I just sat and played some of my personal favorite video games on the systems that I have plugged in and ready to play.
    Enjoy!

A few Favorite Games on a few Different Systems - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#60
  3. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [1992, MegaDrive/Genesis] Review - PixelTHING#59

Iíve just discovered the 1992 MegaDrive/Genesis port of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, the action game, and I was positively impressed by this upgrade from the 1989 original home computer versions that Iíve played so much back then!
    So, are you ready for some platforming action?...

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [1992, MegaDrive/Genesis] Review - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#59
  4. Vintage Mutimeter

Told you I would post it soon. I got this multimeter at an estate sale for $3 IIRC. Here are some photos.Attachment 25414
    The front. You can see the options on the front.
    Attachment 25415
    The inside. It looks to be home made. You can see the 1971 Eveready in the bottom left.
    I'm not sure who made it, but they did a good job.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Possibly Rare Devices I Own

This will be updated as I remember stuff.
    I have an IBM Model "A" keyboard. I can't find anything on it. Please comment if you know about it.
    I have a Sega Dreamcast NTSC manufactured in August of 1999. Although not super rare. It's interesting. It was made before 9/9/99, the US release date.
    I have a strange vintage analog multimeter. I'll do a post on it in a bit. It seems to have been made from a kit or from complete scratch. It has a circa 1971 Eveready AA battery ...